Titanic forum and community

The Scotland Road

This discussion on "The Scotland Road" is in the Collision / Sinking Theories section; I think because of the various stairs in the bow coming from F Deck the ...

The Scotland Road

I think because of the various stairs in the bow coming from F Deck the Scotland Road spread a lot of water in the ship, I suppose that the water Dorothy Gibson saw flooding the Staircase of E Deck, came from "Scotland Road, I have a theory
    that after that, the water went down "E Deck" to "F Deck" to flood the Turkish baths and pool, this can be justified by the fact that this compartment of the ship had no stairs to the G Deck, then after Turkish Baths are flooded, the water rose to the reception Room at about 1:30 or 1:40.

And there were many stairs leading to the D Deck this should have increased the speed with which the water rose. Then the water rose unevenly to the D Deck while still flooding F Deck.

This is one of my theories, know a lot more and could help me improve them, but I was wondering if there are any more reports that proves what I suppose!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Renato View Post
    I think because of the various stairs in the bow coming from F Deck the Scotland Road spread a lot of water in the ship, I suppose that the water Dorothy Gibson saw flooding the Staircase of E Deck, came from "Scotland Road,
    Not really. There was water on the starboard side as it was also reported by Miss Emilie Kreuchen who had her cabin forward on E Deck (of the 1st class area) and went to Miss Elisabeth Allen (who had her cabin on B Deck) telling her that her cabin was flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Renato View Post
    I have a theory that after that, the water went down "E Deck" to "F Deck" to flood the Turkish baths and pool
    The swimming bath was flooded before the Turkish baths. Steward Wheat had closed the watertight door between these two compartments some time after the collision. The Turkish baths were flooded before 1 a.m. when the water reached the 1st class staircase on E Deck finding its way down to F Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis Georgiou View Post
    Not really. There was water on the starboard side as it was also reported by Miss Emilie Kreuchen who had her cabin forward on E Deck (of the 1st class area) and went to Miss Elisabeth Allen (who had her cabin on B Deck) telling her that her cabin was flooded.

The swimming bath was flooded before the Turkish baths. Steward Wheat had closed the watertight door between these two compartments some time after the collision. The Turkish baths were flooded before 1 a.m. when the water reached the 1st class staircase on E Deck finding its way down to F Deck.
    How the water get into starboard side of E Deck?