Titanic forum and community

Book report on Frank Goldsmith and later life

This discussion on "Book report on Frank Goldsmith and later life" is in the Goldsmith Family section; does anyone know if any of frank goldsmith's children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren are still living ...

does anyone know if any of frank goldsmith's children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren are still living today? if they are, please let me know. thanks

Sam

Denny Magdule
    Sam, I'm sorry that I cannot answer your particular question. I did feel that you might be interested in learning that I met Mr Goldsmith in 1972, purely by chance. I was a volunteer ambulance member and responded on a call to transport Mrs Goldsmith to the hospital. He showed us his appreciation by signing Titanic postcards for us, which I still have today.
    Best wishes,
    Denny Magdule, USAF(Ret)
    PS let me know if you would like to hear more of this story.

i would like to hear more of this story. thanks

Denny Magdule
    Sam, I was a volunteer ambulance technician with a local volunteer fire company in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, which was my hometown. I served 20 years in the US Air Force, retiring in 1993. At the time I met Mr Goldsmith, I worked full time as a news reporter at a local radio station. I asked Mr Goldsmith if he would have the time for me to sit down and interview him. I drove him out to the radio station and sat down with him and recorded an interview to be played on the station. I still have the reel of tape of his interview. I also still have the postcard with his signature on it.
    Denny

In News Journal, Columbus, Ohio there was an article about Tom Goldsmith, who is grandson of
    Frank. The article "Titanic experience" was printed in that paper June 16 2005. On the same date there was also an article about the Goldsmiths in News Journal, Ashland, OH. "Ashland residents family tied to Titanic" tragedy".
    The obituary about Frank Goldsmith was in an Orlando Florida newspaper June 20 1982. In that I read that the filmmaker Mike Harris had interviewed Mr. Goldsmith, and was supposed to use it on one of his movies.

Frank Goldsmiths son used to post here at ET.

ok, what was his account?

Sam

For information on Frank Goldsmith and his account of the Titanic disaster where he lost his father, check

http://www.titanic1.org/people/frank-goldsmith2.asp

Incidentally, when Frank Goldsmith died, his ashes were dropped at the Titanic site by a Coast Guard plane. Robert H. Gibbons

Hi to all. My name is Thomas Goldsmith. I am Frank J. W. Goldsmith's Grandson. As far as his three sons they are all still living. My uncle James, [Jim], lives in Urbana, Ohio he is the oldest. My father Charles, [Charlie], lives in East Millinockett, Maine. My uncle Frank, the youngest lives in Altamonte Springs, Florida. If anyone has any recordings of interviews I would like to get copies of them at my expense to let my children hear them. I own one recording presently from 1979. I would be happy to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

Do you have the CBS News interview with Frank in 1977? You might be able to get that from THS Archives or from CBS Archives. Robert H. Gibbons

Are there any copies of Frank Goldsmith's biography floating around still. I've checked my two best sources to no avail. Two libraries that are the closest to me have nothing. Any information on this subject would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Ben Lemmon

Check the Titanic Historical Society's website

www.titanic1.org

You should be able to purchase a copy from them. Robert H. Gibbons

I checked the THS website, but again I was not successful. Do you know of anyone else who would own a copy and is willing to sell it?

Timothy Trower
    Ben,

I'd suggest just contacting the THS through their email link found on this page http://secured.titanichistoricalsoci...asp?pg=contact to ask about the Goldsmith book.

Ben,

I'm also looking for the Goldsmith autobiography, ECHOES IN THE NIGHT, apparently published by the THS. A reply to my recent e-mail to THS stated simply, "Sorry, I don't know." I'll continue to look and let you know if I find out anything. If you would, let me know if you happen to find a copy.

All best,

Allan Wolf

Timothy Trower
    "Echoes in the Night" is long out of print.

Bernard Johnson
    In 1973 I was a member of a Rotary International group study team which visited Ohio for eight weeks during April/May/June. I met Frank Goldsmith and he gave me a signed postcard of the Titanic. I cannot remember if he was a Rotarian and perhaps someone could let me know.
    Regards, Rotarian Bernard Johnson, Lutterworth, England.