Titanic forum and community
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Women's Difficulties

This discussion on "Women's Difficulties" is in the Health Medicine and Hygiene section; Alyson, I will say it one more time, and only one more time. Humans are ...

Alyson, I will say it one more time, and only one more time. Humans are not animals...

Both humans and animals happen to be mammals, and granted some humans deserve to be termed animals, but we are not, nor have we even been animals.

I'm sorry if I have offended you, but it is the truth. Perhaps we should just leave this to rest, and stop the bickering.

Alyson Jones
    Kat-Ok. i said i won't talk to you anymore but you spoke nicly,so i am.

Every living creature on this planet (minus the trees and fish and all that) are animals. In you're eyes we are not. I can believe in what i want and you can believe in want you want.

We are warm blooded like the rest of the animal Kingdom,so mammals or animals either!

Yes i agree. I won't come on this thread for a while, so we can just cum down. Regards

Hi George!

Thanks for that elaboration! I'm always happy to learn something new (even if it differs on something I've previously believed! Actually, I think it's even better! ).

I've done some fairly extensive research on Bathory actually, and very complex doesn't even begin to describe that woman! I could write a book just off of things I can remember off of the top of my head. I think I have an unnatural obsession with quite a few historical figures. I can't help it though, their just so fascinating! I think part of the intrigue is that we will never be able to say anything about them for certain - it's always open to interpretation, and we'll never be able to truly understand it all! It's a blessing and a curse...

Oh, and I noticed that you deleted a post on our Titanic movie page. Re-thinking my casting??? lol

>>Yes true, but the punsihment was like a slap on the hand compared to todays world.<<

Summery execution or banishment, which would effectively be a death sentence was hardly a slap on the wrist, and there was no appeals process either. The execution was carried out automatically and without pity or hesitation.

>>Those tribes of people are animals. They think like animals and act like animals.<<

Actually, they have some quite sophisticated behaviours. They have social organizations, and hierarchies, have rich oral histories, they're tool makers, builders, problem solvers, and the like much as we supposedly "civilized" people are. They also have some very deeply rooted religious belief systems and there is archeaological evidence that religious belief systems go back a long way. The case can be made for Peking Man as far as 500,000 years ago, and there is the matter of grave goods found in Neanderthal burials which also point to some sort of belief in an afterlife.

If anything, it's the existance of religious belief systems which sets man apart from all other animals and it comes in no small part from our ability to learn by means other then direct experience. We can learn from the histories and experience of others.

Beware the conciet of technocentrism. Tribal cultures may not build and fly 747's or spacecraft, but that doesn't really take away from what they do have in terms of culture which sets them apart from animals in the sense that you appear to understand the term.

>>Humans are not animals... <<

Actually, in the strictest biological sense, we are animals. Very sophisticated animals but still animals.

Biologically speaking, yes.

>>Those tribes of people are animals. They think like animals and act like animals.<<

In terms of that, no.

Know what I mean, Michael?

George L. Lorton
    Hi Kat,

Thanks for that elaboration! I'm always happy to learn something new (even if it differs on something I've previously believed! Actually, I think it's even better! ).
    That's all it was really an elaboration. I didn't even notice you had basically said the same thing till I'd posted. Laws back then were tricky in that they tended to change and differed a bit from county to county.

Oh, and I noticed that you deleted a post on our Titanic movie page. Re-thinking my casting??? lol
    No, You will be playing Madeleine Astor but I was thinking of re-casting you as Edith Russell. If you would rather do that part lemme know. I think you'd be swell as Edith. Miss Russell was quite a lady. Look her up here on ET if you haven't yet. For starters Russell was the name she used not her real surname but what she was known by. Just a thought! I was also thinking about you doing Violet Jessop but I think you'd have more fun as Russell.

>>Know what I mean, Michael?<<

Yes. What I was attempting to do was make the destinction.

>>Yes. What I was attempting to do was make the destinction.<<

Ok.

The word "animal" simply means living thing, and it is from the Latin word animus which means life or spirit. On that basis, Humans, cats, dogs, etc are animals because they have awareness or spirit, whereas plants are not regarded as animals because they have life but (as far as we know) they lack sensation.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast