Mr Harry Robert Stubbings
2, was born Hordle, Near Lymington, Hampshire,
3 the son of John Stubbings (gardener) and his wife Martha. He was baptized on 3 April 1881 at Hordle Church.
John and Martha moved to North Cottage, Woodside, Lymington sometime between 1891 and 1912.
Stubbings was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton.
6 When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 144 Onslow Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As second class cook he received monthly wages of £7 10s.
Stubbings died in the sinking.
8 His body, if recovered, was never identified.
His father received financial aid of 3s 6d from the Titanic relief fund indicating that Harry was probably still a bachelor at the time of his death.
References and Sources
1. i. Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259): 'H. Stubbings'
ii. British Census 1881 Ref:1191 79 9/10: 'Harry R. Stubbings'
iii. Hordle Parish Baptism Register, 1881
2. i. Agreement and Account of Crew op.cit. Note: Stubbings gave his age as 29.
ii. British Census 1881 op. cit. 'aged 2m'
iii. Hordle Parish Baptism Register op. cit.
3. British Census 1881 op. cit.
4. Hordle Parish Baptism Register op. cit.
5. i. British Census 1881 op. cit.
ii. British Census 1891, Hordle, MF 156, Schedule No. 76
6. Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)
7. Agreement and Account of Crew op.cit.
8. Casualty List, Public Record Office (BT100/259)Casualty List, Public Record Office (BT100/259)
9. White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett"
10. Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books: Case No. 615
Clare Church, UK
Hermann Söldner, Germany
Titanic Passenger and Crew Summary
Name: Mr Harry Robert Stubbings
Born: Sunday 3rd April 1881 in
Age: 31 years
Marital Status: Single.
Last Residence: at 144 Onslow R Southampton Hampshire England
Occupation: 2nd. Class Cook
Last Ship: Olympic
First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
Died in the Titanic disaster (15th April 1912).
Body Not Recovered
Contact us if you have new information.
Search now for more on Harry Robert Stubbings
Join our group on Facebook for the latest discoveries.