Mr John Brookman
|Name: Mr John Brookman
Age: 27 years
Marital Status: Married.
Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
First Embarked: Southampton
Died in the Titanic disaster (15th April 1912).
Body Not Recovered
Mr John Brookman, 27, was born in Hampshire.
1 His mother
was Mrs Figgins, who lived at Cannon Lane.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address
as 34 Richmond Street, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic.
As a third class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Brookman was married to Alice only three days before Titanic sailed on
10 April 1912.
Brookman died in the sinking.
5 His body, if recovered, was
Alice Brookman received financial aid of 15s 0d from the Mansion House
Titanic Relief Fund.
Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Lymington Chronicle, 25 April 1912, p.5
- Agreement and Account of Crew op.cit.
- Lymington Chronicle, op. cit.
- Casualty List, Public Record Office (BT100/259)Casualty List, Public Record Office (BT100/259)
- White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S. Details compiled from records of the "Mackay-Bennett". Public Archives of Nova Scotia, Halifax, N.S., Manuscript Group 100, Vol. 229, No. 3d, Accession 1976-191, c. Friday May 3, dark purple card covers, initial page entitled, Key to accompanying List showing how bodies have been disposed of:, probably printed in Halifax, N.S., 76 pp., unpaged, Body No. 1 to 306 inclusive: annotated in red ink below each body's data with burial permit and cemetery data, and with two extra typed pages added for the Minia, Montmagny and Algerine; Body Nos. 307 to 324 inclusive, Nos. 326 to 329 inclusive and No. 330 respectively. [Not Listed nor subsequently identified]
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books: 5th Schedule - Part 1. Class F, Case No. 308
Clare Church, UK
Contact us if you have new information or post general comments below.
Search now for more on John Brookman
Join our group on Facebook for the latest discoveries.
Link to this page
Please link to this page using the following URL
Or copy the link text below
Cite this page
If you need to cite this article as a reference please copy the following and adapt as necessary for your referencing system:
(2013) John Brookman Encyclopedia Titanica (ref: #1775, accessed 16th May 2013 10:56:06 PM)
URL : http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-victim/john-brookman.html