Discover the true history of RMS Titanic
Encyclopedia Titanica tells the stories of the real people that designed, built and sailed on RMS Titanic.
Through detailed articles and biographies you will discover the truth about the greatest shipwreck in history.
Titanic On this Day...
The following people were born
- JONES, Mr Harry Owen Glendower — 18th October 1875
- GUY, Mr Elgar John — 18th October 1882
- SWARBRICK, Mr William John — 18th October 1888
- NILSSON, Mr August Ferdinand — 18th October 1890
The following people died
- MERRICK, Mrs Clara — 18th October 1928
- CHAMBERS, Mrs Bertha — 18th October 1959
- BOWERMAN, Miss Elsie Edith — 18th October 1973
- San Francisco Columbarium & Funeral Home
- Abraham Salomon's Titanic Menu
- Speed and Revolutions
- Dr Frauenthal's leap for life and death
- Madame Aubart and her maid
- Survivor Charlotte Collyer and her daughter Marjorie
- Who were the first Titanic Survivors to die?
- Remains of the Fourth Funnel
- Always the bride...
- Titanic's Band: Killing Them Softly.
- Was Murdoch drunk at the wheel?
- Personnel decisions impelling collision
- Watertight doors
- Question- Marconi Operators Badge
- Kate Buss
- How long did it take to reverse Titanic's reciprocating engines?
- Titanic or Olympic ?
- Ardella Alice Christie
- Water served in First Class or at dinners?
Hope you are enjoying Encyclopedia Titanica! Sign Up and enjoy the site without adverts!