You can use the site freely but it is ad-supported. We therefore offer a paid subscription on Encyclopedia Titanica which, amongst other things, allows you to view the site without advertising.
We hope you enjoy being a member and a subscriber and will continue to support ET in the future. However there may be times when you might wish to cancel a subscription.
Membership Subscriptions Refund Policy
1. ET subscriptions are deemed to be an annual commitment, refunds are not usually issued.
2. You can easily prevent your subscription renewing automatically in the online account you used to pay for it. e.g. Paypal or Stripe. The subscription will continue as normal until it expires.
3. You have the right to have your name deleted from the ET membership database at any time, but in this event there shall be no rebate of any part of the subscription already paid except in exceptional circumstances.
4. Whilst there is no entitlement, in the event of exceptional circumstances our practice is to allow partial refunds based on the balance remaining, calculated on a pro rata monthly rate to the end of the membership year. Deductions to this will include the value of any downloads included in the subscription and any month or part of that you have been a subscriber.
5. You have a 7 day ‘cooling-off’ period during which you have the right to cancel your subscription and receive a full refund (less deductions for downloads made as above). If you decide to cancel within the 7 days, we will refund your payment within 30 days of your cancellation. This clause complies with the EU Distance Selling Directive and is part of UK law under the Consumer Protection Regulations that relate to distance selling. This law applies to all UK based transactions where the consumer does not meet the vendor. These regulations do not govern contracts between businesses.
6. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee (up to 25% of the annual subscription fee) for any refunds issued.
7. Members wishing to cancel their subscription within the 7 day ‘cooling-off’ period should contact us directly.