17 Years Ago Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was seventeen years ago today that news we had probably given up on hearing after the failures of the three Jack Grimm expeditions finally came. The discovery of the wreck of the Titanic.

Is the instant we first heard about this as indelibly burned on our memories as other events are? For myself I have a vague recollection of hearing a news story that aired on a Sunday night about first word coming out of the discovery, but the next morning the story was a big item all over the morning talk shows and I watched each with fascination, always switching channels to see when the next Titanic feature would air for me to tape.

As I recall, I was just reporting aboard for staff duty at Recruit Training Command in San Diego when I got wind of this. I don't recall exactly where I was, but I did follow the news stories with very close interest. Not as much as when the first good writeups appeared in National Geographic though.

K

karen ann jones

Happy found the Titanic Aniversary to all!!!!!!!May she and her crew and passengers,and those who found her be remembered with love on this day!Sincerely,KJ

C

Christopher Foster

Oh right. Damn, I never noticed that! Sorry everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.