1943 TITANIC DVD release in July

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
A DVD and VHS release of this film will be released on July 20th. The DVD will include the original film in German with english subtitles, plus some exciting extras: a White Star Line promotional film featuring the Olympic, the theatrical trailer, photo gallery and excerpts from the pressbook. Here's a link: http://kino.com/video/item.php?film_id=709

Mike Condon
San Jose, CA
Oh yeah....I'm not an employee for the video company...just thought I'd spread the news.

Wesley Burton

Apr 22, 2004
This is great! I have wanted to see this film for a long time. Now the wait is almost over. I would have liked an audio commentary, but thats fine.

G

Guest (R17)

Hello

Is this film worth seeing though ?

Or is like the 1953 Titanic film which I thought was pretty awful stuff. Titanic was just a back drop for Hollywood rat woman to walk around in while wearing her fur having very long boring conversations about her relationship.

What I would be interested in is the Olympic footage ? I'd be very grateful if anyone who has seen it can tell me if it is just short bursts or if it is an in-depth look at the ship ? How long is it ?

Many thanks

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
Hi Miles:
I have seen the film some time ago on vhs and is quite fascinating when put into perspective of when and where it was produced. If you search through the Titanic Movies threat here on ET there are a couple of them that discuss the movie.
I'll leave some info about the Olympic promo film over in the Olympic thread....
Mike

James Hill

Feb 20, 2002
Mabye amazon UK will get an import from them.Theres hundreds of region 1 DVDs on the UK site.The UK is Region 2

Jun 8, 2002
Hello, all.

I was away for the weekend and returned to find a very special homecoming gift: my pre-ordered dvd of the 1943 German film "Titanic". I immediately went to the promotional 1920s White Star Line piece on the "Olympic", an added feature which is why I bought this dvd in the first place. Folks, this is worth the price of admission! Incredible interior views of the "Olympic" with charming silent film music accompaniment. Where has this footage been hiding?

Regards to all,
Doug

Mar 16, 2004
San Jose, California
Doug:
Thanks for the info, especially about the Olympic material, which I have waited years to see. I preordered my copy from an online dvd dealer. Did you order through Kino or somewhere else?
Thanks again for the quick review,
Mike Condon
San Jose, CA