3D Titanic drawing

isaiaygrat

isaiaygrat

It looks really nice so far, can't wait to see the finished model.

Incony

Incony

Hi FreddyV1975, i like your solution to the equalizer box in the the generating room, it was a big bit of kit. but i think it was against the port hull side between generator 3 and 4, even though i cannot be certain of that, the only diagram of its placement shows it there, possibly with a ladder down, or access by walkway to the generator room platform at that height - its shown in the only sketch ive seen.. Given the only images we have are the Olympic, it certainly does not indicate the cables for the equalizer went up on that store room wall... and neither this mo do i agree there were two staircases from false floor level to the generator control room... the Olympic images only show one, on the port side by genny 4. the only way we will ever know now, is if the Brittanic generator room is ventured, since its still intact... even so, what you create at least generates interest and comment... its really good because of that.. i am actually puzzled as to why the equalizer box was not in the control room.. but somewhere near genny 3 and 4.... there was enough space for it in the control room. and it would have been where all the cables came in too..

Incony

Incony

The more i consider that " equalizer" box FreddyV1975, and looking at the operational electrical diagrams of ship DC generators, i am thinking the box we see in the images, actually was part of the series field resistor set up, for each generator, The series field winding was adjustable. i cannot see that adjuster at the generator coil assembly, and to parallel genny`s one would need to set it, and the equaliser bar was part of that function... so although what we see is called the equaliser, in effect there may have been more to it.. Direct Current Supply & Distribution, D.C. Generators Field Connection & Earth Lamp Circuit