4 People Pulled from the Water

• Thread starter Mark Robert Hopkins
  • Start date
B

Bill Wormstedt

Mike S. mentioned The Titanic Inquiry site - what he forgot to mention, Mark, is that downloadable copies of the Inquiries are also available there. That is what I keep on my hard drive - a lot easier for searching.

The Inquiries there are not editting down, like the Kuntz book of the Senate investigation, if that is what you mean.

D

David Haisman

Regarding Lifeboat 14. and witnessed by the 15 year old Edith Brown.

'' As my mother and I sat there, the men in the lifeboat pulled 4 people out of the water altogether.'' My mother said later that one of them had died and the other was muttering and sounded something like an Irishman.''

Source: Edith Brown/Haisman relating her experiences to her large family and many friends over approx 85 years or so.

David Haisman

P

Peter Engberg-Klarström

Hello everybody - there was a suggestion that perhaps two of the four died in boat 14. Two crewmen mentioned this (I think one of them was Evans). It is possible that the fourth who was dragged in was Abraham Harmer/David Livshin.

Peter

D

David Haisman

''....was a lot of lifeboats there, and people in life rafts you know....some of them frozen dead. It was terrible.... and they threw all the chairs over...everything went over the side for people, for rafts you see. It was a terrible experience.''

Source: Part of the Haisman (copyright) audio collection circa 1958.

D

David Haisman

'' I know we had to bail the water out a lot because the boat was leaking.....but I couldn't say....must've had a few men there to row...must've''

Source: Part of the Haisman (copyright) audio collection circa. 1960.

For other info on a 1 hour long CD read by myself and sister along with recordings of our mother talking on the sinking of the Titanic, please e-mail privately.

David Haisman