50th Anniversary of Charles Lightoller's Passing

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
Just thought I'd remind people that it was fifty years ago this Sunday that Charles Lightoller died. I don't know if anyone is doing anything to observe it but I thought it worth noting.

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
I think it would be a very nice gesture if this were acknowledged on the day of somehow on this site's front page where people can see it. Doesn't have to be anything huge (I doubt Lights himself would want that).

Maybe just a picture with the words "Charles Herbert Lightoller: March 30, 1874 - December 8, 1952"

P

Patricia Bowman Rogers Winship

Fifty years ago, after a long and tumultuous life, there passed Charles Herbert Lightoller, quietly, in his sleep.

Pat W.

P

Patti Darby

...a life lived so well. In the face of hardships, setbacks and great challenges, he never seems to have sat and felt sorry for himself . He rose to each occasion with grace, courage and apparently an army of guardian angels.

Mr. Lightoller, you never cease to amaze me. What a blessing to have your amazing spirit, forever young and so full of pluck. I am thankful to have known you, even if only indirectly.

S

sharon rutman

Maybe a little Kaddish from me is in order to commemorate the life and times of this supremely brave man. I don't think he'd mind. Shalom Lights.