A couple of Titanic 2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2000
Hey-hey,

What's the latest news on the, possible if you want to put it that way, upcoming "Titanic 2"?

If you know information on the upcoming "Titanic 2", please, tell me!
Please note: The more information you give me the happier you'll make me!

And do you know of any Site that I can go to for information the, possible if you want to put it that way, upcoming "Titanic 2"?

Thanks, ahead of time, for your replies to me!

Bye-bye!

Regards,
Kristy!

Apr 29, 2000
How in the world do they plan to do a "Titanic 2?" Hasn't at least the basic story been told? I'd be interested to see what Cameron (I assume?) has in mind.

Regards,
Gilbert

Oct 13, 2000
Hi Kristy,

I havn't heard anything about a second Titanic movie, but there was an article in the news just recently about building a new ocean liner patterened after the original Titanic to be called Titanic II. could this be what you heard about?

anyway, here is the address for that article http://www.smh.com.au/news/0011/26/world/world5.html (with thanks to Tim Morse who first posted this information on the Mail List).

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Dec 12, 1999
The "Titanic II" is a Titanic replica project proposed for the San Francisco waterfront. It is pending, presently, before the Port Authority. Everyone is very tight-lipped about it. It was supposed to be on the PA's November 21, 2000 agenda, but wasn't. You can read all about it by going to the "Links," then to "General" - - clicking on "San Francisco Titanic" - - and then, clicking on "Titanic II." The entire brochure on the project is there.

Senan Molony

Jun 28, 1998
Dublin
Latest I heard was that a scheduled announcement of secured funding of £10 million by Sarel Gous has been deferred again.
He's the South African who also wants big UK Government subsidy if the vessel is to be built by Harland & Wolff. The four funnels will all be dummies, obviously, and he wants to put in a cinema and other attractions in their interior space.
Let's just wait until the keel's laid, shall we?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Senan, agreed! This Titanic II thing just never seems to go away. When I see a ship in the water with fare paying passangers aboard, and underway, I'll beleive it.

Kristy, apologies if the above seems a tad cold, but this ones been floating around for three years now. Just for clearification, were you referring to one of these replica proposals or a sequal to Cameron's flick?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Dec 31, 2000
I heard that when Kathy Bates was asked about being in a "Titanic II" film, she said that she would not go back to wearing those corset again. But, why make a Titanic II film? It would be rather pointless, unless it would be more of a documentary than fictional?? I really think that Cameron is over his fling with Titanic and has no aspirations to make another film. I would like to see the "cuts" he made from the film released though.

God Bless
Happy 2001 All!

Beverly

Status
Not open for further replies.