A Lab Carte Restaurant Reception

B

Brian O'Dell

Now, I just want to set things streight. The Titanic had a Reception for the French Restaurant on B-Deck. It was paneled in white with a green carpet, two windows with cream curtians, brown wicker chairs and crystal chandiliers. Most people thought this was in the Aft Staircase, but it's not. I would scan a photo of it, but my scanner isn't working.
sad.gif
Anyway, it was a lot smaller than the D-Deck Reception. If anyone knows what i'm talking about please post a picture if possible and i'll tell you if it is the right one. Thanks.
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Brian, tell us the book title and the page number for the picture you've seen and maybe we can identify the location for you. The reception room was built around the aft staircase and had no windows. The only other public areas in that vicinity were the restaurant itself, the passage connecting the reception room to the restaurant, and the cafe Parisian, all of which did have windows.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Lester, is that the area that appears in a photo at the bottom of page 184 in Titanic & Her Sisters? It's captioned (with the usual precision!) "First class reception area that led to the dining room*.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Sahand,

The Restaurant store rooms and offices were in the place of that reception room on Titanic, and she featured an unfurnished small entry hall from the GSC.

Best Regards,

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

This is the same area on Titanic taken from my interactive blueprint project I am working on:

120040.gif

Best Regards,

Brian