A Night To Remember on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lynott

Mar 31, 2000
Addingham, Yorkshire
Has anyone noticed that the current video version of ANTR available for sale in the UK is not the original release from Rank but the US cinema version - losing about three minutes of the 1958 running time of 123 mins and including the 'Their sacrifice was not in vain' message over the final shots of the Titanic debris? Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a video with the full running time - and - is anyone aware of a colourised version of ANTR?

S

Sara Brown

I myself am not sure. i'm sure you could check amazon.com as i was looking around there not too long ago and they had a whole lot of different titanic movies, and i think they had a couple versions of ANTR

J

John Meeks

Nobody should colourise anything shot in B&W....

(Grumble...mumble... grumble....)

Grumpy old John M

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
The British version is the one available on DVD from Criterion so that has had a video release.

What in the British version is missing from the American version beside the end credit scroll? I do know the American version contains a scene cut in the British version showing a dying passenger handing an infant to Lightoller at Collapsible B but when Lightoller realizes the infant is dead he sinks it into the ocean.

Apr 24, 2003
Is there any german version of the film available?
(or a DVD with german and english version )?
If yes, where can I order it?

Jim Hathaway

Dec 18, 2004
Belle And Blade Video has the Germen film, go to thier site, click on "Souls At Sea" and use "Titanic" as a search term.
It is under "Titanic Germen Version" for $29.95US

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Jim, the earlier posts were asking about a version of A Night to Remember with German soundtrack. The Belle & Blade offering that you mentioned is not that, but rather the earlier German film Titanic, made as wartime propaganda and presenting a highly distorted version of people and events.

Jim Hathaway

Dec 18, 2004
Sorry, my mistake-
It seems I read some place that some of the model work in ANTR was taken from this film-
Would be interesting to see it though-

Status
Not open for further replies.