A Night To Remember The Definitive Titanic Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lynott

Mar 31, 2000
Addingham, Yorkshire
Don't think anyone's started a thread on this topic. Just to highlight new book by Jeffrey Richards - A Night To Remember: The Definitive Titanic Film - (pub IB Taurus) which looks at ANTR in relationship to the other classic Titanic films. As the title suggests, he has definite views on ANTR's place in the film pantheon - you might agree or disagree, but it's a cracking read. Check it out on ET's book section and Amazon.UK and Amazon. PLUS, settle all those ANTR quiz questions as it contains the whole cast list, including non-credited actors such as Norman Rossington, George A Cooper. Find out at last who was Argumentative Foreigner and Hysterical Woman!

Jul 29, 2001
Yes, John, I just received my copy today from amazon.co.uk, and the cast list is long and impressive.

As well as those you mention it includes such stalwarts of British movies as Desmond Llewellyn, Derren Nesbitt, Robert Raglan, Steve Plytas, Glyn Houston and Stratford Johns in the "uncredited" section.

I've not had time to read the text yet, but there appears to be a healthy "notes" section, citing a satisfying array of sources and there's a 6-page appendix discussing the "Nearer My God To Thee" debate.

I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.