A real Jack Dawson on Titanic

R

Randomoreo!

My teacher for English & Geo said that Jack wasn't real, and I said he was and she didn't believe me she said "No, no that was a movie were talking about real life" I should be the teacher not her!! And R.I.P. :(

K

kindreds

how did the white star line send the letter to house 17 when they had his address mistakenly as number 70? I am unsure about this article and it seems like the author used a programme like microsoft word synonyms to make his article sound smarter?? pft...

R

Rushell Lougheed

Well now we know I guess Jack Dawson was real, but some people want to know if Rose DeWitt Bukater was real and every says she wasn't but there could of been some girl that survived the Titanic disaster who was in love with some one that died on the Titanic April 15 1912, but maybe the girl didn't want any one knowing who she actually was so she had them change her name in the film and "Jacks" name. So the story in the film could of been real ( except they add and take away scenes to make it better ) of the girl and boy that were in love like that.

L

Lin44

So you immediately assume this Joseph Dawson doesn't exist just because the supposed photo of him seem like he is in his 30's? How stupid is that? Some people look older than their age, and some people look younger than their age. I am 27, but many people say I look 17! Have you ever seen old photos of people in the early 1900's? Many of of the teenages & people who were in their 20's looked like they were in their 30's or 40's back then!How disrespectful of you to assume that this J.Dawson doesn't exist just because he looked older than his age in that photo?There is evidence to prove that this J.Dawson did exist, so have some respect.

J

Janaisha

The ending had me in tears! Gosh! To know that this really happened to young people that were at the beginning of their life is heart breaking. R.I.P to all the people who have lost their life in the sinking of the titanic...

M

Mary (2151)

Well the gravestone is real. Let people have their own views on it. We all can not be perfect like you right?

S

Someone (2351)

Just.. Argh. If you had read the INTRO of this whole article you would already see that Jack Dawson has NEVER existed nor did he die on the RMS Titanic..

A

AshMcConnell

Do you actually believe that Jack and Rose were real? That the story in the Titanic about Rose and Jack was fact and completely a true story...?If you do, I feel sorry for you. The Titanic was a real ship that sank and so many died on, but the story of Jack and rose is fiction, as are their characters.The fact that were was a J. Dawson on the ship at all was just a coincidence.

A

AshMcConnell

Do you actually believe that Jack and Rose were real? That the story in the Titanic about Rose and Jack was fact and completely a true story...?If you do, I feel sorry for you. The Titanic was a real ship that sank and so many died on, but the story of Jack and rose is fiction, as are their characters.The fact that were was a J. Dawson on the ship at all was just a coincidence....

J

Julia Dawson

Have you ever heard of the lady who invented Mary- Kay well she was in her 90's when she died but she looked like she was 50 years old. I am relative of Joseph Dawson and I know personally that is his picture so you better watch what you say. I looker younger myself then what I really am. So you need to stop now.....

M

Mike Fader

What a fascinating tale, not to mention a fine piece of research.

S

Sissy Dillon

My great great grandmother was on the Titanic when it happened she was 1 of 11 people who survived her name is Lillian Bentham u can Google her name and read all about what happened that day and what she went through it's just amazing

V

vishal

Than who is rose in end of the movie in the photo. There was really a women called rose dewitt bukater

Josh Kusiak

Josh Kusiak

Hallo, Brandi. There was a Joseph Dawson who worked in the ship's boiler rooms, but Jack and Rose, Rose's Ma, Cal and Lovejoy and Jack's friends are all fictional. However, a lot of people here are interested in the film characters and there are plenty of discussions about them if you want to join in. You'll find these in the 'Titanic Movies' section of the forum. The 'Passenger Research' section where you posted your question is about real people. Hope you find those even more interesting!
a little too late to replay but there was a tommy ryan who was a trimmer i believe on obbroad tommy ryan was jack Irish friend who got shot by murdoch.