A ship named Student?

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
During my research into a question raised by another poster (I will post the details shortly), I have received an e-mail from an official Governmental source where she says that the person that I was querying about was a Fireman on board a ship named Student in February-March of 1912. I could not find any reference for a ship by that name but apparently in March 1912 it was plying between Liverpool and Colon, Panama.

Can someone please help me to check if there was such a ship in 1912 and if possible, the ports at which she routinely called. Thank you.

Nov 14, 2005
During my research into a question raised by another poster (I will post the details shortly), I have received an e-mail from an official Governmental source where she says that the person that I was querying about was a Fireman on board a ship named Student in February-March of 1912. I could not find any reference for a ship by that name but apparently in March 1912 it was plying between Liverpool and Colon, Panama.

Can someone please help me to check if there was such a ship in 1912 and if possible, the ports at which she routinely called. Thank you.
Hello Arun. Yes there was a ship named Student that was a part of the Harrison fleet from 1910 - 1930. That company ran routes from Liverpool to South America during the time frame. Not much info other than listing her in the link below. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user

Arun Vajpey

Jul 8, 1999
Hello Arun. Yes there was a ship named Student that was a part of the Harrison fleet from 1910 - 1930. That company ran routes from Liverpool to South America during the time frame.
Thanks. That confirms the information that I received about Alan McRae from South Australia (see Titanic Tall tales). Obviously, the poor chap had nothing to do with the Titanic and very likely died to his illness in Panama. RIP.

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
TheShipsList.com is a very useful, comprehensive and, in my experience, reliable source. A great resource.

Reactions: 1 users