A Special Edition DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tania Jones

I sincerly hope this is true. I'm still horrified that we got such a poor DVD release the first time round and it is unfair we've had to wait so long for a proper, decent edition. Hopefully this will contain cut scenes as a special feature, or maybe even a director's cut version of the film! I would love commentary from Cameron and possibly Winslet and/or DiCaprio, that would be fun. I also think they should include screen tests, out takes, a "making of" feature...there has got to be so much footage they could include. Maybe a 2 disk set would be a good move.

A

Alicia Windsor

I never bought the DVD because I was holding out for a better edition. It seems my prayers have been answered... after six years (cough cough).

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
Tania, as I've said elsewhere on the forum today, Cameron has repeatedly said that what we saw in the theatres WAS the director's cut; so, presume that any of the extensive extra material that was cut by him that appears on the new DVD will be in the shape of extras, not 'put back' into the film!

T

Tania Jones

Thanks, Mike. I wasn't aware of that. From memory the theatre version of the movie seems no different from the current DVD/VHS version but it was a few years ago now and my memory's not too good.

Either way a new DVD release of the movie is important. The one we're currently stuck with is so bare and cheap looking.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I'll definitely be watching for this. I have the DVD, but like everybody else I'm disappointed with it, as it should have had much more on it than just the trailer.

I'd love to see the deleted scenes as well and if they are on it, I will grab it.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

B

Brad Hall

If the new dvd has the film put out in 97, along with extra stuff deleted from the film. I think I'll just take my copy of dvdxcopy I bought, and adobe premiere, and place the deleted scenes where they are suppose to go, and burn me a new dvd. I know of all the copyright issues, etc. But if I do it for my own use, and do not give it, or put it on the web... what I do with my purchased movie, computer software is my biz.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>But if I do it for my own use, and do not give it, or put it on the web... what I do with my purchased movie, computer software is my biz.<<

Tell that to the users of Napster and similar services who got sued. The law, as they learned the hard way, tends to disagree. Your call of course, but you might want to check with a lawyer experienced in copyright law befor you go ahead with this. You might be in for some rude surprises if it turns out you're on the wrong side of the issue.

Jamie Bryant

Aug 30, 2003
If you view the trailer on the original DVD you'll see several deleted scenes such as Jack thumping Lovejoy.

JB

M

Megan brule

Hello Mike Bull,

Please keep us updated on the release on the DVD.
I think it would be nice it the DVD features should include a documentry on the Titanic and footage of interviews of people who have survived the Titanic.

Just my two cents.

L

Lindsey Secondo

Well it's about time a proper edition of Titanic is released on DVD. I think the DVD available at the moment is an insult to the millions of fans. A trailer is all well and good but what about all that extra footage, documentaries, interviews and the music video that should have been included on it first time around. I will certainly be buying it if it ever does become available, but i've heard several rumours over the past couple of years about a special edition DVD being released and nothing has ever happened. I'll believe it when I see it.

Wesley Burton

Apr 22, 2004
2004 is a good year for dvds. The Star Wars movies and now a new improved version of a Titanic dvd! I cant wait for these releases. I would appreciated any more information you may have.

A

Alex McLean

Hey,
Why all the anticipation? Other threads of the like haven't gotten much credit for the truth, and this one now with no concrete evidence seems to have been taken as truth.
Though, like most, if there is a new DVD edition coming out, I'll be sure to get it.
I just won't count my chickens before the eggs hatch.

My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I wouldn't count my chickens either on this one. The rumours of special edition DVD's have been going around for several years now, and so far nothing has happened. That's why I used the qualifyer "IF there is."

Claims are interesting, but I want to see what really happens.

Wesley Burton

Apr 22, 2004
I just read on a dvd website that the dvd will be comming out later this year. They claim that paramount has confirmed it.
They are also re-releasing a bunch of other movies on dvd. Like Das Boot.

A

Alex McLean

Looks like I stand corrected...
Wesley, do you have the URL for this site? Wouldn't mind checking what other films will be out. Is there any other info on the special features, if any, incorperated in the films?
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.