A Story of a Titanic Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2002
((This is a nice article about another one of us 'buffs'))

Full steam ahead; Titanic buff Ken Chamberlin enjoys his life with Barbie

MATT GRISWOLD
Herald Staff Writer

LAKEWOOD RANCH Ken Chamberlin

LOCAL RESIDENCE: Lakewood Ranch

OCCUPATION: retired, 30-plus years in the airline industry, Titanic expert and public speaker

BIRTHPLACE: Grosse Pointe, Mich.

FAMILY: wife, Barbara

He has seen the Australian outback, the jungles of the Amazon and exotic African wildlife. He has explored Egyptian pyramids and ancient Incan cities.

And after visiting 108 countries, nothing interests Ken Chamberlin more than the Titanic, and he finds nothing more beautiful than a commercial airliner, except maybe his wife, Barbie.

For the rest of the story, go to http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/living/community/10901379.htm

Sep 26, 1999
I liked this article but the thing that amused me was that he has read ALL 60 or so books on the Titanic. He only has about 440 to 500 more books to read if he wants to read all of them. By the way, as long as Eric prints the source of the article and the author, how can this infringe on copyright violations?

Jun 12, 2004
It's still illegal without permission, but most copyright owners are okay with it if they're given credit for the article.

By the way, Darren, if you're referring to reading every Titanic book every in existence, I'm afraid it's a heck of a lot more than the 500 more you mentioned.There are a lot.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Okay. Thanks Eric. I'm afraid I had to edit the thing down and add in the URL. It's an interesting story, but I don't want any of us getting a visit from Attila The Lawyer. That wouldn't be a lot of fun.
lame.gif

Sep 26, 1999
Mark, where are you getting your numbers? According to Michael Tennaro, as of March of 2002, there has been a total of 555 books written about the Titanic. Add Randy Binghams book "Finding Dorothy" and the total goes up to 556.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
That total goes up even higher if one takes into account books published on the subject in languages other then English. I don't know if there's a truely accurate figure out there, but if some enterprising lad asks the Library of Congress, they might get a decent ballpark figure.

Sep 26, 1999
By the way, I would like to congratulate Randy on what looks to be an excellent book on Dorothy Gibson. How can I get an autographed copy? Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.