A Word For Our Own Dr Paul Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2000
Our own member Dr. Paul Lee, author of the fine new Californian-related e-book "The Indifferent Stranger" is sick at the present time. Prayers and best wishes for his getting well soon. :)

May 27, 2007
I sincerely hope Paul gets well soon. I remember having a great discussion with him on the Californian and other things. Paul gave a lot of help and info and answers to questions I posed. Get well soon Paul.
happy.gif

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 13, 1999
Best wishes for a quick recovery as well.

[Moderator's Note: This thread, originally posted in an unrelated subtopic, has been moved to here. JDT]

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I heard from Paul's wife, Carly, last night.

Without giving specifics, she told me the situation is very bad. I'm sure we all wish Paul well, but a quick recovery is unlikely.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 13, 1999
Dave, thanks for the update. I received a similar e-mail today. All we can do is keep them in our thoughts and prayers and hope for the best. This is definitely sad news.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I was hoping to hear that Paul was on the road to recovery but I can see that there hasn't been any change.

I started reading through "An Indifferent Stranger" and it's a very good well researched piece of work. One that I would enthusiastically put on my list of "Must haves" for Titanic related literature. For anybody interested, his website is at http://www.paullee.com/titanic/ Anybody interested in obtaining a copy, go to http://www.paullee.com/book_details.php

Steven Hall

Aug 8, 2001
Paul Lee has been in hospital for the last 2 weeks and is quite poorly. I like many of his friends have him in their hearts and thoughts at this time. I’m not at liberty to disclosed his present health issues, but be assured he is extremely ill, his doctors are most concerned. My thoughts and prays are with him and Carly at this time.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>but be assured he is extremely ill, his doctors are most concerned.<<

I can only speculate on what that issue is since I haven't been informed of the particulars but I keep hoping for some good news everytime I check in here. I hope this isn't an unrealistic.

Jun 11, 2000
I'm so sorry to hear that Paul is hospitalised, as he is very young to have a debilitating illness. I can't really offer prayers, but I can offer my hope that he overcomes whatever it is, and that Carly gets her husband back, fit and well.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 13, 1999
I do not know many of the details and am hesitant to say too much about the little I do know, but Paul's wife did want those who know him to be aware that he is still in the hospital and that it's serious. It sounds as if there have been some improvements, so hopefully that continues. Please keep sending the positive thoughts as I'm sure they would appreciate it.

C

Carly Lee

Hello,

My name is Carly, Paul's wife. I would like to send my thanks to everyone who has spent the time to send nice messages and thoughts to Paul. He has now regained consciousness and though he can't speak yet, he seems to be respondng and seemed to be touched by your messages.

Paul left me in control, so to speak, of his book and email before he was rushed off to hospital, so thanks to everyone who has sent messages directly to him.

I am confident Paul wil pull through this and hope 2009 will be a much better year. 2008 was awful; he had a nervous breakdown in March this year and spent some months away from titanic stuff to recover. The presures of his book haven't helped matters, getting id done in time and trying to sell it. Anonymous threts ghe got when the book was announced didn't help, though these nearly cleared up by mid April. These emailed messages of hate have started to come through again since news of his illness became known (about a week ago). So, please, if whomever is sending these msgs reads this, please stop, you've had your fun.

Kind regards

Carly xxx
Sorry for the poor spelling btw, I am half aslep.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Anonymous threts ghe got when the book was announced didn't help, though these nearly cleared up by mid April.<<

Carly, let me be loud and clear in saying that there shouldn't have been any threats to clear up. Lee's e-book is a wonderful piece of historical research which belongs in the print and e-library of anybody who cares about any of the issues raised by the "Californain Incident."

>>These emailed messages of hate have started to come through again since news of his illness became known...<<

And that's flat out unacceptable! Whoever is sending this sort of drek, if you wish to disagree with the man, that's fine. Reasonable people can disagree but be adult enough and have the guts do so in an intellectually and academically honest fashion which spells out the points you have and the evidence to back it up. We have a Californian folder and numerous subtopics for just that reason.

Threats and hate mail is nothing more then cowardice at it's sorriest and most pathetic worst, especially when the man is down and can't defend himself.

Carly, I recieved your e-mail this morning and I'm happy to see that things are starting to look up. Prayers are not my way, but as always, all my best and hopes that things will continue in the right direction.

>>Sorry for the poor spelling btw, I am half aslep.<<

Don't worry about it. You have a lot on your plate. More then anybody should have to endure at any time, especially the holidays. For whatever it's worth, you and Lee have friends here who care.

May 12, 2002
I'm a latecomer to this thread, but I would also like to offer my best wishes for Paul and Carly, and hopes for a full recovery. I have a similar background in physics to Paul, and greatly appreciate the clarity of his approach and thorough research in his work.

All the very best,
Paul

T

Trevor Rommelley

Is there any news on Paul's condition? I heard a story about a week ago that he had died in hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.