About encyclopedia titanica

J

Jackie Malloy

Ya know almost everyone in my school knows as much as what is on this site, adn we're only in 8th grade!! So where did YOU get the info that's on this site from?

-Jackie Malloy

J

Jan C. Nielsen

"Ya know," Jackie, almost everyone in your school wouldn't make a pimple on the Titanic's rudder.

D

Dave

Isn't it amazing? Wherever there's a group having serious and interesting discussions, there's always some know-all kid or some aggressive psychotic who has to pollute the message boards with his garbage. It's great that the Internet is an open forum, but the downside is that all sorts of things wander in when the door is left open.

E

Elaine Barnes

Luckily though, they tend to wander out again fairly soon after some of the real experts have thier say!

M

Mac Smith

This is one heck of a site and it is sad to make little attacks when many folks have taken much uncompensated time in providing it to us.

Thank you ET crew - you are the best!

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

I have to wonder if Jackie took the time to go through the biographies, index, links, even a signifigent portion of the current discussions and debates. I'd have to wager not. I'll literally be years persuing whats available here, to say nothing of enjoying the company of serious Titanic researchers, historians, and enthusiasts.

Jackie, if you happen to be reading this, I hope you'll take that time to do as I've been doing; making the most of this invaluable resource to learn a thing or two about a particular point in history that resonates with us to this day.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi!

I've been reading this messages you've been writing to Jackie Malloy and I was wondering if I should or not say something.
Otherwise I don't know something about Jackie, she's, for me, an young girl who's interesting on Titanic and like this site. What's the problem about that? maybe she was here just this once but we all have been for the first time and, like Jackie, I also have liked this site a lot, so I keep on coming here, I give my opinions, I ask my questions, everything. I've learned more here than in every site I've passed by on the net. Jackie will probably come here again and don't forget she's in the 8th grade and it's important for people on this age to get to know Titanic's story so their interest become so greater as yours.

Give people a chance to become so enthusiastic and interest on this subject as yourselfs!

Hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings,
Kátia Lamy, Portugal

C

Cátia Lamy

note... only something I forgot...

It's really hard to have seen everything on this site because it's always updating (Thank God!) and has the most information I've ever saw. I've been around for more than a year and I haven't seen all yet! and probably only Phil (the webmaster) has!

Kátia Lamy, Portugal

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Miss Lamy, I don't know if everybody has been specifically writing to Jackie per se, however, she did come on rather strong with a decidedly knee jerk reaction that others may well have found offensive. If you read my own note, you'll notice I encouraged jackie to do pretty much as you suggested; make use of this site for the comprehensive resource that it is just as you're doing. I just came in a month ago and wish I had come in sooner. I've learned quite a bit, and I've been helped in finding resources I didn't even know were available. I hope anyone else can do the same.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

M

Mac Smith

I was not replying to the author, as the comments deserved no reply. I simply was defending E.T.

They are still the best.

K

kathya10

OOOOPPPSSSS!

I just hope everyone likes this site as much as I did...
About Jackie, and I must say I'm sorry to everyone else because I read her message wrong (sorry Mr. Standart), I believe that she's probably wrong, but give her time to see that!

The mistaken,
Cátia Lamy, Portugal

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Miss Lamy, no offense taken. And I'll join with Mac in saying thanks to Phil Hind and all the others who have contributed...and continue to do so...to make this the best resource on the Titanic on the web.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart