Academy 1/700 Model

BobbyGood

Sep 21, 2019
United States
Hey everyone, I’ve been reading on here for a long time but finally made an account recently. Just got my first model kit, the Academy 1/700 Titanic. I purchased some tools and just got started about an hour ago. WOW some of these pieces are VERY small! Any tips for properly assembling some of these teeny tiny ones?

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
Hey everyone, I’ve been reading on here for a long time but finally made an account recently. Just got my first model kit, the Academy 1/700 Titanic. I purchased some tools and just got started about an hour ago. WOW some of these pieces are VERY small! Any tips for properly assembling some of these teeny tiny ones?
Take your time, as someone who's done more models than I probably can count, cannot stress that enough lol. (Not that I'm an expert) As for small pieces and details might want to use either tweezers, or other gripping tool with a magnification tool (Depending on how small they are).

If I recall some of the smallest pieces of that kit are funnel vents, benches, capstans and the compass tower. So just putting a dab of glue down and putting the piece down with tweezers may help. Sometime use a toothpick to push properly into place or apply pressure for the glue to dry.

BobbyGood

Sep 21, 2019
United States
thanks for your reply! I’ve gotten started slowly and learned a lot already. Tweezers are a must, although I need to find a more suitable glue. What do you use CM1971?
C40AC324-E573-40B2-8032-3E6CDCDBD230.jpeg

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
thanks for your reply! I’ve gotten started slowly and learned a lot already. Tweezers are a must, although I need to find a more suitable glue. What do you use CM1971?
View attachment 45169
Testors (or any hobby glue) glue can be great in certain spots. Especially where there paint *isn't yet applied* Locktite Professional Liquid or gel can be great for a quick and strong hold. Honestly, either is great. Plastic glue/hobby glue can just easily mess up paint. Locktite is strong but if caked on can add an unsavory "crystallized" residue. So both have their ups and downs. Just make sure to get one with a precision nozzle or even a brush, so you can apply just enough.