Actual Wireless Transmission Source?

Dec 18, 2020
I'm a new member and maybe just haven't figured out how to best use this (incredible) site. I'm writing a manuscript for a children's book. I have found multiple sources that sort of interpret the radio calls to/from the Titanic. However, I need to find a reliable source stating the actual messages. (Interpretations are welcome as long as the original messages are clearly stated.) Would anyone be able to direct me to a source with actual messages? A few choices to examine would be great!

Thanks so much.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I'm a new member and maybe just haven't figured out how to best use this (incredible) site. I'm writing a manuscript for a children's book. I have found multiple sources that sort of interpret the radio calls to/from the Titanic. However, I need to find a reliable source stating the actual messages. (Interpretations are welcome as long as the original messages are clearly stated.) Would anyone be able to direct me to a source with actual messages? A few choices to examine would be great!

Thanks so much.
Hi, Welcome Aboard!
I don't know much about her wireless, but this is pretty accurate.
Parks Stephenson, a famous Titanic historian, has a FaceBook page he communicates with us Titaniacs, if you make a post there he'll see it. He replies 75% of the time
Good Luck :)

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
If you really want to get in deep, you can see many actual documents from the various ships and land stations involved. They have been archived on the Wayback Machine.

Reactions: 1 user