Actually still on board when ship sank

Aug 16, 2016
Off the top of my head we've got:

Thomas Dillon - went down with the ship
Charles Joughin - went down with the ship
Frank Prentice - jumped as it stood nearly vertical after the breakup.

Any others?
I'd think of the other two greasers who survived: Alfred White and George Pragnell in lifeboats 4 and B respectively. Maybe they were with the group of greasers -including Scott and Ranger- and engineers that went up on deck in time to see the last aft port boats leave the ship, and remained aft afterwards. But since we don't have their testimony it's only a supossition. Maybe they jumped just before the ship broke in two, who knows.

Ryan Burns

Sep 23, 2016
I'd think of the other two greasers who survived: Alfred White and George Pragnell in lifeboats 4 and B respectively. Maybe they were with the group of greasers -including Scott and Ranger- and engineers that went up on deck in time to see the last aft port boats leave the ship, and remained aft afterwards. But since we don't have their testimony it's only a supossition. Maybe they jumped just before the ship broke in two, who knows.
Indeed, in looking at the guys pulled out of the water by Boat 4, White is the one who I'm not sure of. My initial suspicion would be that he did the same thing that his fellow greasers Scott and Ranger did, in that they saw Boat 4 floating not far away and lowered themselves or jumped into the water and simply swam over to it.

L. Colombo

Nov 22, 2012
Off the top of my head we've got:

Thomas Dillon - went down with the ship
Charles Joughin - went down with the ship
Frank Prentice - jumped as it stood nearly vertical after the breakup.

Any others?
Just want to note that a mod moved my above comment into this thread for some reason. I had posted a new thread specifically asking about people who survived the breakup on the stern.

Really wish a mod hasn't done that since my thread was regarding a specific topic as opposed to this year old thread. Oh well.
According to one account by Dillon, passenger Robert Williams Daniels was on the stern near him and jumped into the water just before the stern was submerged. Though more than some dispute that Daniels was still on board at all at the time of the final plunge.

Here: Location of surviving people on board Titanic when the final plunge began I had made an attempt at locating the 50 or so people who were still aboard at the time of the final plunge and survived one way or another (picked up by Boats 4 and 14 or - most of them - on Collapsibles A and B). I have a feeling that Harold Phillimore, Andrew Cunningham and Fang Lang may be 'candidates' for being on the stern at the end, but haven't been able to find any info about their whereabouts when the ship finally went down.