Advice on best Titanic book?

Aly Jones

Dec 15, 2019
Australia
Sam, I really can't wait till I get my hands on it and I've also brought these two books too.

Three volume autobiography: Sail Ho! My Early Years at Sea (1958); Tramps and Ladies – My Early Years in Steamers (1959)

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
Just brought titanic voices- 1960's book - Harold Mc'bride, commander lightoller, Mr. Beazley, and Mr.Gracie's survivors accounts.
Isn't that book called "The Story of the Titanic" edited by Jack Winocour? I have owned it for over 30 years; good source of information.

It's Harold Bride by the way, not McBride AFAIK.

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
Funchal. Madeira
I don't supose any of you have read this:
It is fiction based on fact...a bit of light fun.

Moderator's note: Edited to make the link work. MAB

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
Sorry Mark for having spelling mistakes.

I'm also getting this book too. I know it mentions there isn't romantic romance story on board the bridge but the author mentions his book is about what happened that night on the bridge "what did the officers do? etc.."
Hi Aly,

I've read "Last Log of the Titanic" about a year or so ago. It's the author (David G. Brown, who used to be active on this forum) speculating what he thinks the officers on the bridge may have done and ordered shortly before, during, and shortly after the ship hit the iceberg. I'd honestly use the word "technical" before "romantic". I enjoyed reading the book.

Aly Jones

Dec 15, 2019
Australia
Hi Jim, no never read it. I'm not sure if I would be interested in this book unless it has something to do with the officers.
I'm hoping someone will write a fiction romance book in regard to a secret love affair with an officer and a first class lady passenger.

Hi Tim, book really does seem like a good read. I do like reading other peoples speculation on the titanic, even more so on the officers that night.