1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. More information
    Dismiss Notice

African Queen---Another Famous 1912 Ship

Discussion in 'Other Ships and Shipwrecks' started by Steven Christian, May 15, 2018.

1. Ok a boat really. I'm sure some of you know this already but its a new fact to me and I found it interesting. I was poking around the net looking stuff up about ships and came across this. The African Queen, the boat from from the movie was built in England and launched in 1912. A few months or so before Titanic sailed on her maiden voyage. She was recently (2011) refurbished and is used for tours. Pretty cool that someone saved her. I know this a little off topic and hope I got the right section to post it in. I've always liked that movie a lot. Home port of African Queen, the historic steam boat

Jakob Sweeney and Harland Duzen like this.