Aft Grand Staircase Light Fixtures

May 7, 2005
I understand that below the A Deck, that the light fixtures on the forward staircase were cut glass bowls rather than the beaded light fixtures on A Deck and Boat Deck. Did the same apply to the aft staircase or was it an impersonation of the forward and the cut glass bowls were located on C Deck. Or since it possessed less of a grandeur than the forward, were all of the fixtures cut glass. Any help would be appreciated.

May 7, 2005
It has just come to my attention that the A Deck landing of the aft staircase has the beaded light fixtures. Yet in other photos I cannot see the B Deck light fixtures due to the monochromatics of the film. So if anyone has possibly read an Olympic auction catalog or perhaps seen the light fixture plans, could they please let aware the light fixture type of the aft Grand Staircase B Deck and down.

May 7, 2005
During the e-mail that I received from an ET member, I was let aware of the fact that in the 2001 Expedition Summary by Ken Marschall at Marconigraph. In it, there is a caption that reads that the light fixtures on the staircase at B Deck and below were all cut glass bowls. This I was aware of. However, I was also under the impression that the aft staircase had beaded light fixtures on A Deck and B Deck. I was also aware of the fact that there are no known photos of the B Deck landing of the aft stairs. No photos. But, there was an illustration completed of Olympic and Titanic's Restaurant Foyer and in it you see that the B Deck landing did indeed have cut glass bowl fittings for the light fixtures. Basically I wanted to let everyone on the thread who was interested to hear the results of the find.