Ainsley W Morgan

• Thread starter Ainsley W. Morgan
  • Start date

A

Ainsley W. Morgan

I am a retired teacher. I now have time to do all the things I've wanted to do for years and years!!
One ambition was to delve into my Swedish ancestry. My Grandfather who came from Solvesborg in south Sweden was a sea captain who was lost at sea in 1918.
However he had a brother(illegitimate as it so happened)who was lost on the Titanic. I have only one reference to him in an old letter written by my Grandmother in which reference is made to Fred's (my Grandfather) frantic search for information about his brother John (Holm) who was on the Titanic.
My relations in Sweden had no knowledge about John.
I was thrilled to find such a detailed biography of him in Encyclopedia Titanica. I am in a position to provide some background info about John, but I am unsure how to set about conveying new info and to whom.
Congratulations to Philip Hind on designing such a fascinating web site.

Ainsley W. Morgan

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Ainsley:
I also saw your note to Pierre Wennerlund. Good luck with your research on your grand uncle. Claes-Goran Wetterholm's book has quite a bit of information about him, including a good picture on page 111 standing up in his best suit with hat. I do not understand Swedish myself but bought a Swedish-English dictionary to get a rough idea.

Jane Evans

Jul 25, 2016
I am a retired teacher. I now have time to do all the things I've wanted to do for years and years!!
One ambition was to delve into my Swedish ancestry. My Grandfather who came from Solvesborg in south Sweden was a sea captain who was lost at sea in 1918.
However he had a brother(illegitimate as it so happened)who was lost on the Titanic. I have only one reference to him in an old letter written by my Grandmother in which reference is made to Fred's (my Grandfather) frantic search for information about his brother John (Holm) who was on the Titanic.
My relations in Sweden had no knowledge about John.
I was thrilled to find such a detailed biography of him in Encyclopedia Titanica. I am in a position to provide some background info about John, but I am unsure how to set about conveying new info and to whom.
Congratulations to Philip Hind on designing such a fascinating web site.

Ainsley W. Morgan
I believe that you were my Geography/ History teacher in a Cardiff High School!