Albert Ervine & Alfred Pirrie Middleton

P

Pegglesworth

Albert Ervine &Alfred Middleton are both reported (according to Encyclopedia Titanica) to have petitioned White Star line to be sent to the same ship. What is the evidence for this and do their petitions still exist in some repository? Any information would be gratefully received.

P

Pegglesworth

Must confess myself a little disappointed that none of you Titanic experts out there can supply even a glimpse of an answer to my question. I wonder who wrote the ET entries? They must have got their info from somewhere? Do old records of White Star line exist or have they been lost?

Seumas

Seumas

It may be a story from present day relatives of one or both of the men - though that does not necessarily make it true.

There is indeed a substantial archive of WSL records in Liverpool but the Titanic material has been gone through with a fine toothcomb by researchers several times over, especially in the last twenty five years. There is nothing new to find there.

Reactions: Jason D. Tiller and Arun Vajpey
Thomas Krom

Thomas Krom

Must confess myself a little disappointed that none of you Titanic experts out there can supply even a glimpse of an answer to my question. I wonder who wrote the ET entries? They must have got their info from somewhere? Do old records of White Star line exist or have they been lost?
I would get in touch with the consultants of the article to get to the bottom of this, as no source is listed. They are Gavin Bell and Denis Griffiths.