Albert Francis Caldwell

Sherrynau

Jun 14, 2010
My name is Sherryn Danaher (nee Caldwell) and I live in Melbourne Australia. For some years I have puzzled over the ascendency of Albert Francis Calwell, the Titanic survivor. My father's name was Albert Francis Caldwell (now deceased) & he was born 30 Sept. 1922in Melbourne. His father was Albert Edgar Caldwell bn 18 Nov. 1892 in Melbourne, his father Albert Caldwell bn 1865, in Westhoughton, Lancashire, UK his father John Seddon Caldwell bn approx.1834, Westhoughton, Lancs., UK, his father George Caldwell bn approx 1807, Wigan, Lancs., UK William Caldwell bn approx. 1779, Wigan, Lancs.,UKWould you be so kind as to forward this information to any living descendant (perhaps Charles Caldwell) with whom you have contact so that I can solve this mystery of any link to my family.Thank-you Regards Sherryn Danaher

Aug 11, 2010
Hi, Sherryn -- The Albert Caldwell on the Titanic was born on September 8, 1885, in Sanborn, Iowa, USA. His father was named William Elliott Caldwell and was a Presbyterian pastor in various towns around the U.S. The Albert on the Titanic, had two sons, Alden (born in Siam, now Thailand, on June 10, 1911), and Raymond (born in Iowa, USA, in December, 1914).It doesn't sound like your Albert could be related to the Titanic Albert, although it is fun to hear from you.-- Julie Williams (Titanic Albert's great-niece by his second marriage)

Lynn Anderson

Apr 9, 2012
You can actually hear Mr. Caldwell tell the story in his own words. This recording was taped in 1976 when he was 90 years old.

womentoo

Feb 28, 2013
Did mr.caldwell admit he was scare to his balls and thats when he jump in the boat with women and children. If thats the part seem looking away cowardly away from movie. Dam shame.

Jun 4, 2004
Did you bother to consider the contemporary evidence for males being allowed onto lifeboats being loaded off A deck? My grandfather would have died to save his son and wife, but there was room in the lifeboat for him. What would you do ?