Alice Catherine Cleaver

Bandit Queen

Sep 21, 2012
Did the family ever receive any form of apology in private or in public as this is a serious thing to be wrongly accused off and in any event: respectable authors should have done better job of investigation in the first place.  It is wrong to publish anything that you do not have absolute evidence and proof off!  But then as we all know too well, here in Liverpool, the media and authors publish anything if it makes them money, no matter how much hurt it causes the families of those affected.  It is bad enough being involved in a tragic accident, without having your name blackened for no reason at all.

Karen Shaw

Jan 17, 2013
No the author never apologized. That was Don Lynch. Also the Titanic Historical Society, who should be very concerned about ancestors from this disaster wouldn't even reply to to her her letters. It's terrible these people act this way. Great post, and you hit the nail on the head with your comments.

joelfithian

Jun 10, 2016
IT IS A SHAME THAT THE ERONIOUS STORY WAS NOT CORRECTED AND AN APOLOGY GIVEN. I AM SUPPRISED THAT THE TITANIC HISTORICAL SOCIETY HASNOT CORRECTRD THE ERROR.

Nov 26, 2009
Hi my name is Yvonne Faulkner and William Faulkner was my Great Grandfather he was the bedroom Stewart on the Titanic that saved Alice Cleaver and baby Trevor Hudson. I would be very interested in any information on Alice and her 2 daughters

Feb 13, 2013
No there has never been any admittance that a mistake had been made despite overwhelming evidence that Don Lynch got it wrong. You would have thought that any historian worth his salt would have held his hand up on this one.

Jason Cleaver

Feb 20, 2013
I would be interested on her 2 daughters as well. Alice's father was my Great Grandfather's Brother and I'm trying to do a family tree. :)

Jun 22, 2014
I think this woman was a past lie of mine. I had a dream a while ago that I was a nanny of a child on the Titanic. I remember the panic of the ship's impact and running to grab the child. I remember not dying, but that is where the memory is cut short and gets fuzzy. I got the chills the moment I saw this article and had the most odd feeling. My body heated up and I got anxious. I have always been afraid of deep bodies of water and getting on ships. It scares me a lot to be surrounded by deep water. I'm not sure if what I think is correct, but it feels real to me and I thought i'd share.

J. Bishop

Oct 16, 2017
For those asking who are still interested (I know it's been a few years), Alice was my great-grandmother on the paternal side. Her daughter Josephine was my grandmother. I've heard a lot about her!

Jan 24, 2018
Alice was my paternal grandmother, as you can tell she had more than 2 daughters. in fact she had 3 daughters and 2 sons. As a young boy i asked her about the Titanic, she rose from her chair and without speaking handed me a book. It was A Night To Remember

Marissa Y

Feb 1, 2018
I think this was so interesting. In school we are pretending to be a person on the titanic and this was mine. She is so interesting and amazing that she saved a kid. :)

Alice Ankeny

Nov 27, 2017
Dear J Bishop,

I am doing some research on servants for a new BBC series on the Titanic and I would be grateful if I could speak to you as a direct descendant of Alice Cleaver. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if interested in speaking further.

Best wishes,

Alice

Alice Ankeny

Nov 27, 2017
Dear Mr Williams

I am doing some research on servants for a new BBC series on the Titanic and I would be grateful if I could speak to you as a direct descendant of Alice Cleaver. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if interested in speaking further.

Best wishes,

Alice

Alice Ankeny

Nov 27, 2017
I'm looking to speak to descendants of Alice Cleaver in relation to a new BBC series on the Titanic and it's social history. It would be great if any relatives would be interested in having a quick chat. Very best wishes

Jun 28, 2018
Australia
I found an article about a survivor whose name was not given but it did say it was a female who was 22 at the time of the sinking. The article from the mid 1980s was about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the now elderly woman. I am quite sure it is Alice Cleaver.