All Lifeboats to Carpathia Starboard?

TriHull

Nov 11, 2018
Oh, I forgot to ask:

Is it possible that the two different lifeboat photos above (post #9 and post #17) are taken at approximately the same time by two of the three different photographers aboard the Carpathia?

Look at post #9 with what is lifeboat 11. Behind it is a boat which is angled away from the hull of Carpathia. Above it is an open cargo door. This photo is cropped and actually there are two cargo doors open.

Now look at post #17 and notice that the third boat from the camera is also angled away from the hull of the Carpathia and there is an open cargo door above it. There is a long dark shadow below that third boat. That is why I thought it possible that the sun is coming up on the horizon in that photo. If so, that would indicate that horizon would be east or ENE.

Thoughts anyone?

Nov 14, 2005
This picture you posted shows an air pipe. I dont know what the correct term is. But most I've seen of these they usually face foward telling me its an intake. I also don't know if they do double duty...intake / exaust with reversible blowers. But if they do always face foward that tells me its the starboard side the boat is being hauled up on. But I'm clueless about merchant ships and liners having never served or been on one.
titanic-lifeboat-on-carpathia-horizon-jpg.jpg

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
Oh, I forgot to ask:

Is it possible that the two different lifeboat photos above (post #9 and post #17) are taken at approximately the same time by two of the three different photographers aboard the Carpathia?
That is difficult to say. There were several photographers aboard Carpathia, one of my running projects is trying to get the name of the photographer for each photo but that is not a easy task.
That the pictures were taken the same time, I do not think so. Post #9 show boat No. 11. The one in post #17 is what "we" believe might be boats Nos. 10 & 12 and if so, then there is at last nearly 1 hour difference between them.