Allison Cleckler Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allison Lane

Hi everyone!

I know I have the absolute worst habit of popping in and out of this board every few months, but I thought I ought to semi-reintroduce myself as I am now operating under a new name.
happy.gif
This is the same ole Allison Lane speaking, but I got married in May and now go by Allison Cleckler. I've been thinking about changing my user name to reflect this but I'm rather proud of the forum registration date on this one.
happy.gif

My husband and I only just moved into our own apartment in October, and we're still trying to get settled in, so I only think I know where all my binders with my Titanic-related research are. (Ugh.) Once I unearth them and get a bigger computer desk so I can put all those materials in one spot, I am very much looking forward to resuming my research hobby and contributing to the site again.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Congratulations to you and your partner, Allison!

We're always happy to see you here, whenever you can drop by.

Dec 31, 2000
Pinson, AL
Hey everyone, I'm climbing out of lurk again
happy.gif

I really hate to do this, but: does anyone here know of any history-related place, anywhere, that may be hiring? I ask because it's been nearly three years since I left college and I have been unable to find or get a single job (aside from two stints as an espresso machine wrangler), and I am well past my wits' end and heading straight into "stark raving mad". My degree is in history with a minor in anthropology, I have practical archaeological experience, and I also play the clarinet. And I know how to make cappuccinos.

I'm expanding my begging and pleading here because, well, I don't know what avenues to go down anymore.

May 27, 2007
Hi Allison,

I've been in the same boat as you recently. Wish I could help more but it seems all I can do is wish you luck. I hope the economy improves. I hope you find something.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>well, I don't know what avenues to go down anymore.<<

Short of a university or some other educational facility with a teaching post, you might try hitting up some museums. Some of the on-line services might be worth looking into if the outfit has a decent reputation. (Monster.com perhaps?)

Beyond that, I'm clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.