Amy bracelet

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

i was wondering if the bracelet with the name "amy" on it that was salvaged at the wreck site was ever linked to anyone on board the titanic? If so to whom, and what was her age and class status?

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

i was wondering if the amy bracelet that was salaged from the wreck was ever linked to anyone on board? if so to whom and what is the story behind the bracelet

Dec 13, 1999
Jenn: The bracelet belongs to Amy Zillah Elsie Stanley, third class passenger. There is an interesting biography about Amy on ET. Hope this helps,

Charles

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

is there any proof as to whom the amy bracelet that was salvaged from the wreck belongs to? has it been traced to someone and documented as theirs? besides guessing and hearsay?

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

charles: is there any documented proof that it belongs to stanley? or ist just hearsay?

Mar 20, 1997
Does anyone know which area of the ship the bracelet originated. If it was determined w/ a fair amount of certainty to have come from the steerage areas, then it is almost certainly Amy Stanley's. However, if this isn't certain, then keep in mind there was at least one other Amy on board: Second Class passenger Amy Jacobsohn who lost her husband to the sinking. And was there anyone else with the given name Amelia. One is 2nd Class passenger Amelia Lamore but on Michael Findley's list, her nickname is listed as Milley.

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

ARTHUR:
I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT THERE WAS A YOUNG GIRL NAMED LILLIAN AMY GOODWIN WHO WAS A THIRD CLASS PASSENGER WHO PERISHED. SINCE THIS WAS AN ID BRACELET I WOULD ASSUME PROBABLY THAT IT BELONGED TO SOMEONE UNDER THE AGE OF 30. ALSO THE BRACELET ALTHOUGH IT WAS MADE OF FAUX GEMSTONES COULD SOME ONE IN THIRD CLASS EVEN AFFORD THIS BRACELET? MAYBE IT DIDNT BELONG TO ANY WOMAN ON BOARD MAYBE IT WAS A GIFT TO SOMEONE WHO NEVER RECIEVED IT?
WHERE THERE ANY INSURANCE CLAIMS ON THIS BRACELET?

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Jenn:
You've probably seen the picture of the bracelet in Judith Geller's "Titanic: Women and Children First." Geller guesses that it MIGHT have belonged to Amy Stanley.
Mike

Dec 13, 1999
It was really Amy Stanley. I read some years ago a letter written by Amy, explaining how she lost her precious bracelet. (she received the bracelet as a gift from her love, I think) As she steps in the lifeboat, she hurted her arm on the side of the boat, and the bracelet was thrown overboard or something of that effect. I have taped a video on the subject, I will watch it again and see if I can help you more. Sincerely,

Charles

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

charles
what video did you see the amy bracelet in?
when i visited the titanic exibition this summer they had the amy bracelet on display and it said they can not be sure as to the whom bracelet belonged to. i was wondering if any ever came forward with a claim or information about it?

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
A Titanic historian had this to say on a the braclet at a discussion group.
A 1st class passenger was bringing a present to her sister whose name was Amy. It was remembered by a still living relation it had the girl's name set in stones, but wasn't sure if it was a bracelet or a pendant. The passenger asked the sister to please forgive her as the present was at the bottom of the Atlantic.
The passenger was Edith Chibnall

D

Daniel Rosenshine (Danielr)

Hi!

If that is so, if Mrs Chibnall really was bringing a present. Mrs Chibnal was a grown woman, and I doubt that her sister was a young girl. Mrs Chibnal was in cabin E33. That part of the ship never broke.

In that case, how did the bracelet come to be on the bottom of an ocean, instead of in the cabin. The only explanation is that Mrs Chibnall had it with her and must have been holding it. Whilst boarding a lifeboat she must have dropped the bracelet.

Daniel.

J

Jenn Quaile (Jenn)

i have heard so many different stories concerning the amy bracelet im not sure what to believe.
i beleive that it had to belong to someone in first or second class because im not sure if someone in third class could afford such a bracelet. secondly i believe it belonged to someone betwwen the ages of 13 and 30 because of the fact it is an id bracelet and usually younger women like that sort of thing. i also believe that someone was either wearing it and it fell off or someone had it close to them. I wish i knew the real story behind the bracelet because it means so much to me i have an exact copy of the bracelet enclosed and framed and i wish i had the story to put next to it.if anyone knows what the experts generally believ please write the stories here. maybe we will never know who amy was or who it belonged to but it would mean alot to me to find ou

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
I never refered to her as a young girl. Just girl as meaning woman. And if I remember correctly the bracelet came from the valice marked RLB- presumably Barker. So why wouldn't he have the jewelry? After all several passengers distinctly remember the purser unloading the safes. And Violet Jessup's account offers further proof of that.
Jen- you will probably never know who it truly belonged to. You'll probably have to go over all the surviving claim forms that were filed against White Star. ( remember Cardeza's detailed jewelry claim . But I am sure other historians have done that over the years.

Dec 13, 1999
Mike: I read your comment on the valice marked RLB. It's funny because I read two books, and in these books, they mention that the recovered valice belonged to Richard Leonard Beckwith, first class passenger. To my knowledge, they found in the said valice the name of Mr Beckwith on different papers and documents. But I'm not too sure about that. If the valice really belonged to assistant purser Reginald Barker, do you know the other things that they found in it? Thanks,

Charles

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
The books I am sure jumped at the first speculation. It was deduced it first that it could have been Beckwith's, ( and there were no such papers with Beckwith's name included . ) But historians then figured it was Reginald Lemond Barker. I remember when it was found in the 80s, the Beckwith family said there was no AMY in the family and that the items in the valise didn't match anything on Beckwith's claims.