An animated Titanic film

• Thread starter Cassie Lougheed
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond Leggs

Apr 3, 2003
I am not intending to be rude about anything on that last post I just want to re make A nigt to remember using Et Members Thats what I was suggesting

Jun 8, 2003
Raymond Please try and grow up, this is a proper discussion if you don't wish to discuss it, go else where.
Cassie i agree, kids are more intelligent then they are given credit for. I watched Cameron's titanic with my neighboor who was 6! and She was so interested in the real titanic, and understood what happened.

C

Cassie Lougheed

Hi Kyrila,

Not being a mind reader I wasn't aware that Raymond was so young (although I'm not exactly old, I'm only 19 myself). I wasn't "beating up" Raymond, just pointing out that I thought he was being rude and heated and felt that his messages were somewhat ruining the discussion. It was the tone of his messages that gave that impression.

I hope that *I* don't sound rude now, but I really don't think it's fair to come down on me (and other's) when we were not doing anything wrong.

Jun 8, 2003
Um i'm 15 ! I still know when to behave myself. If i can be polite listen to people's opinions etc, i think Raymond can..

Raymond Leggs

Apr 3, 2003
Thanx Kyrilla For bailing me out on this The problem is I am 14 now And I know this is a proper discussion I wasnt really Heated I was Just a little worrid about People being upset over some cartoon for kiddies I Just think that it is a cartoon its not real its just some kids story that happens to give the TITANIC Disaster a happy ending cuz kids can be disturbed by disaser reakated peril

C

Cassie Lougheed

Raymond dear, we know it's not real and "just a cartoon".

But it IS about the Titanic, this is a discussion board for Titanic movies, so if we want to debate it and be brutal in our reviews, that's okay and you don't need to worry.
happy.gif

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I wasn't coming down on anyone in particular, if you'll reread my post. And as a good friend once pointed out to me, I should always check someone's profile (by clicking on his/her name at the left of the message) before I jump in and say something I'd regret. I have to admit, I have done this, and immediately deleted it afterward, feeling terrible about it. It's good advice I'd like to pass on.
My post was meant to be a motherly admonition, not to jump down anyone's throat. People who know me, know I'm not like that. Peace, not war, is my motto, and I like to place tongue in cheek whenever possible. Chalk it up to growing up in the sixties with a Mad Magazine in one hand and the TV tuned to Bullwinkle and Where the Action Is.
Happy birthday, Raymond, whenever it was. Now will you kindly tell me why you summoned me twice? It's rather difficult turning into smoke and floating in and out of that tiny bottle. (Hands folded across chest, blink twice really hard and POOF!)

Kyrila

A

Alex McLean

Kids movies have taken topics and given them a happy story, and it happens all the time. Treasure Island, anyone? It is a natural thing, and I can bet that a lot of kids who watch the movie will develop an interest, whether it me small or large, or whatever, in the future.
On another note... look at the poster... ^_^

My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Treasure Island being, of course, an historically documented account of piracy and its effects? Is it perhaps based on the memoirs of the parrot?

There's a difference between Disneyfying The Hunchback of Notre Dame, so that Esmeralda doesn't wind up swinging at the end and Quasimodo isn't relegated to holding her corpse in a crypt, and the mockery this movie makes of a tragic accident that killed one and a half thousand people.

And more than that - as I said before, intellectual property theft on this scale is quite nauseating.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
I have not seen this animated Titanic film and thank god that this piece of trash was not around in the late 1960's when I first saw A Night to Remember as a 8 or 9 year old.And as a result of watching A Night to Remember as a 8 or 9 year old I did not have any nightmares about it.When I hear that this animated Titanic film has such silly features in it such as singing mice with sombreros on their heads and a dog who sings a rap song and I do despise rap music I just have to think how ridiculous this animated Titanic film must be. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

S

Susan Leighton

Titanic Mom to the rescue!! The lad knows who to call when he's "feeling the heat". Great job...as always Kyrila...and he thinks you are cool. I could live a week, on that alone.
sunglasses.gif

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
I am thinking what ridiculous idea will be next in the industry of children's animated films based on historical disasters.I guess it will be Lusitania The Animated Movie or Andrea Doria The Animated Movie in which these animated films will feature singing and dancing ducks with sombreros on their head and a cat that does an Elvis Presley impersonation. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Jerry,

I too saw ANTR when I was 9,10, 11 or what ever,
and It was the best thing my Dad let me sit up and watch. No ill effects unless you consider a life long fascination with things nautical in there.

My niece saw Cameron's film when she was quite young with no ill effects [ she became quite interested in the Titanic as a result]

I think we have to be careful when we get into "protecting" children or when end up controlling them. Our children are worried over and fretted about too much. At least when I was a child in the mid 70's I could walk to school without adults obsessing over my "safety"

There is excellent literature on the Titanic that will do this. And a final note I'd love to see an animated movie on the Lusitania or/and Andrea Doria, I gree about ditching the the duck, cat and mice. You could end up with a good children's introduction to the subject.

cheers

Martin

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Martin, My niece and nephew saw Cameron's Titanic as young kids and they did not have any nightmares as a result of watching this movie.I would also like to see a movie about the Lusitania or Andrea Doria animated or not. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
One more thing I have to say.I do not want any silly dancing and singing animals in any animated film about the Lusitania or Andrea Doria. Sincerely,Jerry Nuovo

B

Bob Cruise

The list of children's animated "doctored" films goes on: "Anastasia" and "The King and I" are two very recent examples.

I have a real problem with the bloodthirsty Russian Revolution being downgraded to a musical fantasy wherein a bat stands in as a Russian "Jiminy Cricket".

On the other hand, although "Anna and the King of Siam" was originally a compelling, dramatic memoir, the idea of sugarcoating the Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical so that kids could watch without any unpleasanteries is thoroughly acceptable (in my book, at least).

[Confidential to Raymond: don't lose your "hot-headed" nature - simply learn to temper it. The "reactionaries" of today are the leaders of tomorrow!]

Status
Not open for further replies.