Andrew Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
A quick birthday greeting before I scoot off to work for one of our resident Sotonians (Southampians? Help me out here...), Andrew Williams. Andrew is one of those researchers who has been quietly working away for many years on the Titanic and maritime related subjects, and has amassed a tremendous amount of material - primarily, but not just relating to the crew.

Here's hoping you have a great day, mate, and that this early spring we've been having up until now holds on for one more day! Looking forward to meeting you at the BTS Convention -

With warmest wishes,

Ing

D

Deleted member 173198

Good Afternoon Inger, Yes....... I've awoken only to find downstairs on the sideboard there's an abundance of Birthday cards galore.

Of course the biggest surprise is here on this Message Board. Ohhh Nooooo Inger what have you done! No not really Inger, your sweetie! I also value your friendship, and that friendship is also extended and shared with a few namesakes who are closely associated with this Board.

Inger knows how coy I get when matters are dealing primarily with my private life. However, I'm prepared to make an exception. O.Kay Inger I'll come to your rescue!

I decided the nearest City to list in my Profile would be Southampton, although my real birthplace is a small Market Town called Romsey which is known to most Romansians and this area of Hampshire as Lord Mountbatten country. Today, Earl Mountbatten of Burma is buried inside the South transept at Romsey Abbey.

Whereas my adopted Village of West Wellow today, is known to many as Florence Nightingale country. Florence like the rest of her family are buried at St.Margaret's Church in East Wellow, and not West. Unbeknown to many inside the belfry at St.Margaret's are the oldest Church bell's in the whole of the United Kingdom. They date back to 1432.
Now here's the other big surprise! In the grounds of St.Margaret's Church known to all as the graveyard, is the grave of Ernest Hood and his wife Sarah, who is the brother to Ambrose Hood Jr, a Second Class Passenger listed as lost, or presumed drowned on board the Titanic.

That's enough for today people, and if you don't mind I am retiring to spend the rest of my afternoon with my immediate family.

Best wishes, and do have an enjoyable day!

Andrew W.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Happy Birthday Andrew! Hope your day was great.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Belated Birthday greetings, Andrew! I Look forward to meeting you at Soton.

Best Regards,
Ben

D

Deleted member 173198

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthdayyyyy dear A-n-d-r-e-w
Happyyyy Birthday toooo you-u-u-u-u

Hello all of you lovely people!

Ohhh I'm such a cracy fool!

I am so sorry if I didn't give you all a brief update this morning, but due to circumstances beyond my control I had to make a quick dash down to Southampton and get my new reading glasses sorted out with the optiains. Its a classic case of where the lenses are more or less back to front ..........if you can see what I mean!

What better way to greet my Birthday yesterday by having a beautiful Spring day. Ah!!!!!!!!!! such the joys of Spring, this is Britain at her best.

Nevertheless, I would personally like to say and extend big thank you to Inger, she just like Philip Hind (you know what I'm referring to Philip) made me jump when I saw this Birthday post which came as a complete surprise.

That level of gratitude doesn't stop there! How grateful I am at seeing so many more of your kind message's and congratulations. This is what I like about you kind people, your thoughtfulness and consideration for others. Once again I thank everybody who posted their Birthday greetings as well as sending their private message's directly to my home address.

Best wishes

Andrew W.

Status
Not open for further replies.