Animated story of supposed survivor Vaghinak Byurat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
Hello everybody, in Youtube you cand find many videos about Titanic, most with false information, but there are one called a Titanic survivor claims that the Titanic was not sunk by an iceberg, and talk about a man called Vaghinak Byurat traveling in cabin 804 with other 3 men, 2 british and one french called Moren.
According to the video, this man wrote a book on titanic in which he says that on April 14 at night he was awakened by a loud roar like an explosion and for this reason the video concludes that the titanic was sunk by an explosion. and not because of an iceberg, I personally do not believe in this and I would like to know if anyone knows about this man, his books or if the titanic boiler room can explode

May 3, 2005
I don't know what to make of think of this ?.
If it was intended as some sort of fantasy hoax it has no place on this website.

In the first place.:
There is no such cabin as "cabin 804" on Titanic.
Cabins were designated by the deck (alphabetic) followed by number (numeric) such as "B-56" for example.

There are also passenger lists to check to see if there was a person of that name.

I'm not a moderator or one of the more learned Titanic experts so maybe this would be something for them to investigate.

I found some information to search on passenger lists and found no listing of any person by that name "Byurat" in First, Second, or Third Class. Nor any with the surname of "Moren".

There were some reports of boiler explosions but they were after parts of the ship were sinking under water to to the bottom of the ocean.

Also you can't believe in a lot of that stuff on YouTube.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Do you have a link to this video?
What makes me curious is that "cabin 804"
Do you have the link which has that particular bit of information ?

I found a "bright side.me" website which has mentioned " Vaghinak Byurat" but no mention of other details in the OP such as cabin number or other persons.
I re-checked my search again to be sure I hadn't missed those names but found none in the list of total passengers and none in the list of survivors. Could these persons be traveling under some other names ?
I couldn't find any thing on "List of survivors on Carpathia".
According to his biography he does seem to be a real person who traveled on the Titanic and was a survivor but I can't seem to find his name in any of the Titanic or Carpathia records.

Am I missing something ? :-(

Last edited:

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
This fellow joins a long and dishonorable list of phony passengers and crew. In my home state alone we have two fake crewmen and one phony passenger. There must be dozens worldwide. There was even a stewardess from Californian. Survivors are documented by passenger lists, survivor lists and, very importantly, US immigration records. A few people did travel on false names but they were exposed when all was sorted out.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
Since this Byurat claimed that his ship was sunk by an 'explosion', he might have got the Titanic & Britannic mixed-up while concocting his story.

May 3, 2005
This fellow joins a long and dishonorable list of phony passengers and crew. In my home state alone we have two fake crewmen and one phony passenger. There must be dozens worldwide. There was even a stewardess from Californian. Survivors are documented by passenger lists, survivor lists and, very importantly, US immigration records. A few people did travel on false names but they were exposed when all was sorted out.
If he had been a real passenger his name should have been on at least one of these lists.:
Titanic passenger list
Titanic survivor list
List of Titanic survivors on board Carpathia
But his name is not on any of these.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
How amusing. File that one, if at all, as fantasy.

Or, as the 50-year-old (!) Mrs. Astor might have said: @*$#!

May 3, 2005
Do you think it would have made any difference to the average reader if he had used a real cabin number in his story ?
"Cabin 804" ???

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Just to add this here, I think this is the video which Robert (and Jose) mentioned earlier:

I will say that this is not the first time a Bright Side Video has been mentioned on ET, but not for positive reasons...these videos are poorly researched AND animated. :confused:

(As a well-known rule of thumb, don't trust anything that gives the Titanic red funnels!)

May 3, 2005
I am just curious , not being much of legal mind.
If you were to write a story using a real person's name but a completely fictional story would that be a cause for legal action for libel ?
Example:
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a Titanic survivor.

May 3, 2005
Hello everybody, in Youtube you cand find many videos about Titanic, most with false information, but there are one called a Titanic survivor claims that the Titanic was not sunk by an iceberg, and talk about a man called Vaghinak Byurat traveling in cabin 804 with other 3 men, 2 british and one french called Moren.
According to the video, this man wrote a book on titanic in which he says that on April 14 at night he was awakened by a loud roar like an explosion and for this reason the video concludes that the titanic was sunk by an explosion. and not because of an iceberg, I personally do not believe in this and I would like to know if anyone knows about this man, his books or if the titanic boiler room can explode
Can the name of the book and the name of the author be cited ?

May 3, 2005
How amusing. File that one, if at all, as fantasy.

Or, as the 50-year-old (!) Mrs. Astor might have said: @*$#!
And I thought the "cabin 804" was a big goof ! LOL
The big mystery to me is " Is this book for real ?"
And I thought that just about everyone who knew anything about the Titanic knew the story about the Astors ?
It's even in that 1997 movie !
But not this author ?

Last edited:

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
The whole thing is so ridiculous that it's not worth the time to pick out all the absurdities.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
You have nothing to apologize for. The creator of this ridiculous cartoon, however...

I think it's time to put this to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.