Annie Caton and Katherine Gold

S

sue bailey-fewings

I am very interested in annie caton and katherine gold, can anyone tell me if "annies story" has yet been published? also tring to see if annies age has now been verified as 33 instead of 50. amy information is greatly appreciated. thank you

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Sue. Annie Caton gave her age as 30 when she signed on for the Titanic, but she was born in 1879 which makes her 33 in 1912.

S

sue bailey-fewings

Thanks Bob, Can you direct me to any other reading matter concerning annie

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The best source I have seen for biographical information on ALL passengers and crew is Craig Stringer's excellent Titanic People CD-ROM. This provides encyclopaedic coverage of hundreds of people, so obviously the amount of detail on any one person is limited. Here is a link to a website where you can view a sample file of several entries, and you're in luck because one of them is Catherine Gold. The full CD has the same amount or perhaps a little more information on Annie Caton.

http://www.fhindexes.co.uk/titanic.htm

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Sue, Annie lived to a relatively old age and stayed on the sea for some years. She had one child very late in life and that child is still living though well into her 80's. There are also grandchildren and great-grandchildren. In later life Annie and her husband ran a little grocery of sorts. He died first and Annie outlived him by about a decade living just long enough to see her first granddaughter. The family prefers not to have their location and address given out publicly. They did own Annie's replacement sign on book for Titanic and other ships but sold it at auction last year for a very nice price. I hope this helps just a bit.

Phil

S

sue bailey-fewings

Once again thank you Bob, especially for the link, thank you also Phil for other detail, I am sure I will be able to collate more now.
Cheers