Annual re-release in theaters

Dan Kappes

Sep 26, 2018
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
This film has so far been re-released twice in theaters, once in 2012 for the centennial when it was converted to 3D, and again recently in December 2017 in Dolby Vision for its 20th Anniversary. For the latter, it was only released in a limited number of cities for a week.

Do you think this film will be re-released in theaters again in the future every few years like the films The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Donnie Darko, which are played in theaters every October?

They should also do that with A Night to Remember. They screened the 1943 German film in the BFI Southbank revival house in London in April 2012 for the centennial.

It's quite a difference seeing the film on the big screen as opposed to home video.

Nov 14, 2005
In the future there probably won't be any movie theaters left. They are closing down at an accelerated rate lately. In my town they were going to build a new one but it got cancled. When I was in Belfast for the 100th they were showing Camerons movie in 3D there for the week. Some theaters still show Gone With The Wind every once in awhile but I don't know if they still do since the snowflakes have started a boycott of the movie. When I was a kid every town had a drive-in. Now theres only a very few left.

Nov 14, 2005
Well I would like to hope so. But of all my family and friends I have I think I'm the only who actually goes to the movies anymore. I like the big screen. But with 100" + LED tv's getting cheaper and 5G coming online and the economics of it all I think theaters are going to go the way of the buggy whip. But then again you can still find a buggy whip if you search hard enough. :)

Reactions: Dan Kappes

Dan Kappes

Sep 26, 2018
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Yeah, there will always be some people who ride horse carriages and use buggy whips, like the ones in Central Park in NYC and lots of Amish people use them.

And people would have to use horses again if all the cars and electricity in the world failed.