Another SE of Cameron's Titanic to be released on Nov202007

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Paramount Pictures which has the Region 1 North America DVD distribution rights (U.S.A. and Canada) for James Cameron's Titanic,has announced that there will be a 2 disc special edition of Cameron's Titanic to be released on November 20,2007.You can read about it here www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/titanic6.html .Information on what will be on this 2 disc special edition will be announced later.Is there anyone reading this interested in buying this?Is there anything new in this S.E. that was not in the S.E. release of 2 years ago?And how about 20th Century Fox which owns the rights to this film outside of North America? In my opinion I won't be buying this because I don't think there is anything new in this 2007 S.E. compared to the 2005 S.E. and since I live in the U.S.A.,2 years ago I had ordered over internet the U.K. version of this film distibuted by Fox because it had 4 discs compared to the North American version distributed by Paramount which had only 3 discs.I only had to hack my Region 1 dvd players to be region free,to play dvds from any region of the world.

I believe that it's the film spread out over two discs. It's not a hi-def format. I believe that if the film is released in HD format in the foreseeable future, it will be in HD DVD (which would be a shame) simply because it's distributed by Paramount. Paramount announced recently that they are strictly releasing discs in the HD format (in exchange for an under-the-table kick-back from HD backers).

Jun 20, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I'd only be interested in buying this version if it has the 3 hour making of documentary Ed Marsh produced that Cameron pulled from the 3/4 disc DVD set that was released in 2005, and if some of the other deleted scenes that didn't make it onto the previous DVD set but are on the Titanic Explorer CD-Rom are on it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's the first two discs from the previous edition repackaged.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
According to this news article dated October 25,2005,there won't be any other newer special edition versions of James Cameron's Titanic according to Mr. Cameron himself.Here is the link. www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-10-25#3 .So if that is the case this alleged special edition being released by Paramount on November 20,2007 is just a repackaged version of the 3 disc special edition released in the U.S.A and Canada 2 years ago with just the same first 2 discs as the special edition released in 2005 has.The box of this new repackaged version has a new picture of the fictional characters Jack and Rose standing in front of the Titanic's bow.