ANTR on TV or streaming services?

Dan Kappes

Aug 17, 2009
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
The 1997 film does air often on TV and is available on several streaming online services like Hulu, Vudu, Netflix, and Amazon, but does anyone know if this film is?

This film should be viewed by a great many more people in my opinion; it's still superior to the 1997 film.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Honestly, it’s only superior in the eyes of Titanic buffs. The general public easily finds the 1997 movie more worth watching: it’s in color, the graphics are better, and it’s more of a movie than a documentary. I enjoy both for different reasons, but I can see why ANTR is never available anywhere for viewing.

The full ATNR movie used to be on YouTube and I would watch it on my smart TV often but I think it was taken down due to copyright reasons.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
ANTR is usually on British TV (freeview) once or twice every year. SOS Titanic (albeit the cut version) also gets the occasional airing here too.

I'm with you Dan. I too prefer ANTR to the 1997 film. ;)

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
What I’d really like to see as I’ve said is a brand new version of ANTR. Something that has the same feel as the newer Dunkirk movie.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
What I’d really like to see as I’ve said is a brand new version of ANTR. Something that has the same feel as the newer Dunkirk movie.

Funnily enough Walter Lord also wrote a book on the Dunkirk Evacuation and a good one it is too.

A faithful remake of ANTR in two or three parts for TV would have been perfect for the centenary of the sinking.

It wouldn't have to be as flashy as Cameron's 1997 film. Just tell the story straight, keep the cast entirely composed of historical personalities and with appropriate casting choices to play them. That's all they had to do.

Unfortunately, we got that soap opera rubbish written by a charlatan self proclaimed "Titanic expert" Julian Fellowes.

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
I can't find the link at the moment but I've found the full "A Night To Remember" movie on Youtube. That's the best I've been able to find.

May 3, 2005
Yes. I believe they must be in Portuguese which seems to be much like Spanish but with a bit of French.
Which is understandable considering Portugal's location near Spain and France.

I had a little Spanish in Highschool and found them very interesting.