Any Edition Savvy bNight To Remember b Viewers

peter gale

Nov 22, 2006
Like to find the correct dust cover for a Henry Holt and Company Classics Library edition which was published in 1991- it doesn't actually say, but on the first page is a seal with- a owl, 125th anniversary, 1886-1991.
Hardcover with print on front of stylized paisley fish and diamond shaped flower alternately gold color. Mind you the description.
ISBN same as 1955 edition. There are other issues but do let me know if this rings a bell.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 12, 2000
Hi Mike, thanks, as always for the kind words.

Peter, you have me very confused. For one, the first edition does not have an ISBN number (they didn't start using them until the early 1960's).

The ISBN for the edition you are talking about seems to be 080501733X. Does that sound right?

Whose 125th anniversary are we talking about anyway; certainly not the book, nor the shipwreck.

best, Michael (TMiB)

peter gale

Nov 22, 2006
Hi Michael and Michael!
Thanks and, I have posted on titanicbooksite.com to no avail so far.
Here are some other details:
125th refers to H.H.& Co.inc. anniversary.
Inner boards and endpapers are composite grey, like home-made paper.
207pp. 5.75"x8.50"
LCCCN: 55-10643
ISBN: 0-8050-1733-X
In searching these numbers I have only found reference to the 1955 edition.
My copy has a note from Walter Lord to Bill Kirk
which reads: "To Bill Kirk- with thanks for a million years of working together at Union Settlement! Walter Lord
Special greetings on your 90th!!"
Let me know if further description would help!
Peter

Nov 12, 2000
Hi Peter,
Actually I AM TitanicBookSite.com. lol. You can't post anything on my site, and if you emailed me, I never received it.

We are definitely talking about the same edition; unfortunately I never found a copy of the dust jacket to display on my website.

Here is another angle to try. In Google type in "A Night to Remember Classics Library Edition". You might get a hit that way.

best, Michael (TMiB)

peter gale

Nov 22, 2006
Michael,
On reverse check I had posted on 'titanic.com'.
thanks for google tip; may you always remember to stand in the middle of the aisle wearing rubber footwear.
Indubitably,
Peter

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
The last thing I wanted was more Titanic books, space becoming a problem, but I could not resist buying a 1976 illustrated edition, from our local second-hand bookshop. Quite large at 7.5 inches by 9.5 inches.

Is this edition quite common or more scarce perhaps?

Ernie Luck

Nov 24, 2004
Thanks for the information, Jason. I had not seen this larger version before which has quite a lot of illustrations. I note it was winner of 'Titanic book of the year' 1976.

Yes, I'm keeping well thanks.