Any horror stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catherine Ehlers

Have any really creepy horror stories related to the Titanic been written? The ebook I asked about, "The Revenants", might be one; are there any others?

I'd think one could really scare people to death with Titanic ghost stories if you put your mind to it!

Does anyone know of any?

Catherine Ehlers

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Catherine!

If you're interested in accounts that have been reported to be true, my books "Titanic: Psychic Forewarnings of a Tragedy" and "Lost At Sea" might be of interest to you. (If you're talking about Stephen King type stuff, though, I'm afraid I can't help you.)

All my best,

George

K

Kathy Savadel

Hi, George!

I have "Lost at Sea" on my shelf as I speak, and I am very much looking forward to reading. I am trying to think of the "perfect" time (of course, with small kids that means about 2:00 am) to begin it.

Is "Titanic: Psychic Forewarnings of a Tragedy" still in print and available? If it is not, is it an option (i.e., in terms of copyright), and have you considered, having it republished with a parapsychology publisher? It seems there is quite a bit of interest in this book. I know that I, for one, would love to read it.

Best regards,

Kathy

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Yes, if you like horror, buy a George Behe Book.
happy.gif

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi Catherine!

I really enjoyed "Something's Alive On The Titanic." It was written by Robert Serling, the brother of Rod Serling (of "Twilight Zone" fame). Not very accurate historically, but very good in the suspense department!

Sincerely,
Tracey McIntire

Oct 13, 2000
I second Tracey's suggestion. Something's Alive on Titanic is the only horror related fiction that I am aware of. and it is a good read, too!

by the way, if you can tear away from ships for a while, Serling's book The Presidents Plane is Missing is another great read. this one is more a thriller and is about what were to happen if Airforce One disappeared suddenly off the country's radar screens in midflight over the American west.

depending on your political affiliations, that might be considered either a good or a bad thing. ;-).

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Catherine: Read Mr. Behe's book for a well researched, but not necessarily creepy, look at some Titanic psychic stories. If you are looking for "creepy" in the horror movie sense, the most common obviously fictional but reported as fact tale is the one involving a mummy which brought tragedy to all who owned it being shipped to the US aboard the Titanic. It has been retold in dozens of books, and with widely varying details,
("....and when the photographs were developed, a horrifying AND HUMAN face was found over the painted face of the sarcophagus. The photographer later shot himself." Oh PLEASE!!!) and I stress that it is not true. But, told by the right author, it can be creepy. If you are looking for some other classic Urban Legends Of The Sea, go to the "Waratah Found" thread where some of them were discussed at length. Jim

Aug 29, 2000
Yes- Robert Serling is a BIG Titanic buff- but he lives in Arizona so far from the sea! Richard Peck has written a collection of ghostie stories, a Titanic tale amongst them- GHOSTS I HAVE BEEN- available in juvenile fiction paperback.

Oct 13, 2000
James Kalafus' message reminded me that there is a novel which resurrects the Egyptian mummy smuggled aboard the Titanic legend. I don't own this myself, and it may be fiction for young readers. It is called Still Waters, and is by Donald Allen Kirch, from 1997.

The author is working on an updated version of the book to be called Ka-Re.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

C

Chris Hansen

Oh, it is definately not a young people's book.

Donald Allen Kirch's "Ka-Re" has been published. I've written a review of it for a writing group I'm in... all in all, it's an okay book...nice spin on a lot of the 'legends' of the sinking. Although, it desperately needed an editor for punctuation and paragraph alignment.

I can give the ISBN if anyone cares for it. Or look it up at Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.