Any interest for an unusual Titanic book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arne Mjåland

Oct 21, 2001
Do anybody think that it may be a good idea to publish a book with pictures of the houses where the Titanic survivors lived in when they died?
If anybody interested I am able to help.
So far I have collected pictures of the houses of these survivors, all of them taken recently:
Ralph Wells, Akron, OH, Spencer Silverthorn, Scarsdale, NY, Margaret W. Swift, Nyack, NY. Edwin Kimball, West Newton, MA. All pictures show beautiful houses. The owners were pleased to hear the information about the survivors I sent them. [email protected] com.

May 8, 2001
Hi Arne: Speaking for myself, I'd be interested in seeing the photos, as it is one of the enjoyable past times I do while traveling in California. I love old houses and it is just an added bonus when you know something about it. As for me, I intend to pass the photos over to Phil Hind if he would like them, to put with the biographies.

Maybe Mike Herbold is watching out there. It seems he has a similar hobby as you, but he is extremely scarce these days. There are several others too, but I cannot remember their names offhand.

Luck to you in your project!
Colleen

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
It may be of considerable interest to Titanic afecianados such as us, but to the public at large, I can't really say. The book publishing world is as fickle and as Darwinian as they come, as several published authors here will be only too happy to point out.

Don't get the idea that I'm discouraging you from trying. Far from it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained you know. By all means, give it a shot.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Arne Mjåland

Oct 21, 2001
Colleen, let me have your postal adress, and I will send you some of these photos, and you can pass them over to Philip Hind.

Mar 28, 2002
The rather elegant-looking residence of first class passenger William Hipkins still exists in Augustus Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham. Would you like me to send you a photo and if so, where to?

Status
Not open for further replies.