Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Manitoba and a bit lonely.
happy.gif
Anyone out there?

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
quote:

Have I to assume it's in North America somewhere...?

That's correct, Ryan. To be more precise, it's in Canada and it's one of the many beautiful parts of this great country.

Cara - while I am closer to you, I'm afraid I can't make it out west at this time.
happy.gif

Where's Manitoba? Have I to assume it's in North America somewhere...?
Actually, its part of "one big happy family"; that was a response to a few of us trying to remember our geography, in 1983: we were selling souvenirs for a college fundraiser, and two couples from a small town in either Saskatchewan or Manitoba were checking our items.
Yes, myself and fellow students were trying to remember which province was which (we could easily remember BC & Alberta). That was when we were told, "It's okay, we're 'one big happy family', anyway" (with one province notably excepted).

Anyway, Cara, if I ever do a full "Titanic Jaunt" across Canada, I'll make it a point to come visit. Just need to know where in Manitoba you live (Churchill to Winnipeg is "a bit of a distance").
It also won't be in early January, though.

BTW, wasn't First Class Passenger Hudson Allison originally from Winnipeg? That might be something to note: where he lived, and what that area is now like, and if the late Canadian author Carole (I hope I got her name right) Shields ever wrote about that area.

Oh, yes, well I live right outside Winnipeg so, not way up north in the freezing bitter cold (though it CAN get pretty cold way over here!)
Also in Winnipeg, I've heard we have a Titanic plague for those winnipegers we lost on the Titanic, and also the house of Mark Fortune I believe, it's in a beautiful neighborhood (boy don't I wish I lived on THAT street!!!) on Wellington Ave. It's the rich neighborhood, can't get better than that here.
And yes, Manitoba IS in North America! ;)

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Hi John,

quote:

BTW, wasn't First Class Passenger Hudson Allison originally from Winnipeg?

Nope, he was born in Chesterville. Although, he did work in Winnipeg for two years and that's when he became acquainted with Mark Fortune and Thomson Beattie.​

I have been wanting to visit Winnepeg for a long time. Seems like a very interesting city and if I did go to Manitoba, I would definitely take a trip to Churchill to see the Polar Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.