Oct 25, 2004
I'm in Manitoba and a bit lonely.
happy.gif
Anyone out there?

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
quote:

Have I to assume it's in North America somewhere...?

That's correct, Ryan. To be more precise, it's in Canada and it's one of the many beautiful parts of this great country.

Cara - while I am closer to you, I'm afraid I can't make it out west at this time.
happy.gif

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Where's Manitoba? Have I to assume it's in North America somewhere...?
Actually, its part of "one big happy family"; that was a response to a few of us trying to remember our geography, in 1983: we were selling souvenirs for a college fundraiser, and two couples from a small town in either Saskatchewan or Manitoba were checking our items.
Yes, myself and fellow students were trying to remember which province was which (we could easily remember BC & Alberta). That was when we were told, "It's okay, we're 'one big happy family', anyway" (with one province notably excepted).

Anyway, Cara, if I ever do a full "Titanic Jaunt" across Canada, I'll make it a point to come visit. Just need to know where in Manitoba you live (Churchill to Winnipeg is "a bit of a distance").
It also won't be in early January, though.

BTW, wasn't First Class Passenger Hudson Allison originally from Winnipeg? That might be something to note: where he lived, and what that area is now like, and if the late Canadian author Carole (I hope I got her name right) Shields ever wrote about that area.

Cara Ginter

Oct 25, 2004
Oh, yes, well I live right outside Winnipeg so, not way up north in the freezing bitter cold (though it CAN get pretty cold way over here!)
Also in Winnipeg, I've heard we have a Titanic plague for those winnipegers we lost on the Titanic, and also the house of Mark Fortune I believe, it's in a beautiful neighborhood (boy don't I wish I lived on THAT street!!!) on Wellington Ave. It's the rich neighborhood, can't get better than that here.
And yes, Manitoba IS in North America! ;)

Sep 26, 1999
I have been wanting to visit Winnepeg for a long time. Seems like a very interesting city and if I did go to Manitoba, I would definitely take a trip to Churchill to see the Polar Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.