Any stories of "The one that got away"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 1997
I was at a sale of library books in Edinburgh when I found myself holding 'The Ship That Stood Still' - in fact the same copy I have taken out myself a few months earlier.

However, at the very moment I was about to make my way to the cashdesk, bearing my prize, my then 3 year old daughter threw up over a small dog (it may have been a Jack Russell - it was difficult to tell under all that stuff) and I was forced to reliquish my trophy whilst I cleaned her and the dog up.

And whilst my back was turned .... some swine whipped my book away.... I've never forgiven her....

Jan 2, 1997
Thanks for these tips - I may yet forgive my daughter then ! Funny co-incidence, Patty. The book you bought had a small stain on the bottom, and so did the wee dog I cleaned up !

I seem to remember this book was withdrawn in uk ? Does anyone else remember this ?

Vicki Logan

May 15, 2003
I'm glad I was reading this posting. I have ordered my copy of "The Ship that Stood Still". The price has gone up a bit though. I got it for $27 and change. Can't wait to get it. Thanks Patty for the website.
Vicki Logan

Patty Miller

Jan 10, 1998
You are welcome, Vicki. Glad I could help. I
am always on the lookout for a good website, to
find antiquarian and hard to find books. Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.