Any Titanic books writers around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cátia Lamy

Hi!

Just liked to know if any of you have written a book on Titanic; or something else about the Titanic!

Thanks,
Kátia Lamy

C

Cátia Lamy

Sara...could you please tell me who's that Dave you're talking about and which book he wrote??

Thanks for your help!
Cátia Lamy

C

Cátia Lamy

Wow! Hey Kritina!

Be sure to tell me when you finished it up!
I'd like to read it so I'l have to get it somehow!!

If you need something that I can provide you just please tell me.

Have a good time writting it!
Cátia Lamy

S

Stephnie Schaap

Well, thinking about it anyway. If anyone has and questions or wants to hear what I'm thinking, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to run it by y'all. I'd love to get some opinions from people who have a knowledgeable opinion to give!

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
To Catia,

The 'Dave' she is referring to is Dave Bryceson. His book is called "Titanic Disaster as Reported in the British National Press".

Other people on this list who have published works include Senan Molony, whose book "The Irish Aboard Titanic" just came out, David Brown, whose book "The Last Log of the Titanic" also just came out (his article from his book posted on this website is well worth the read), George Behe who wrote "Titanic - Safety, Speed and Sacrifice" plus a few others and Geoff Whitfield who, with Steve Rigby, wrote "Titanic Remebered in the North West" and others. I myself have a play - "Titanic; Tragedy and Trial" - sort of a 'Titanic in the classroom' project which came out a few years ago.

These are just off the top of my head so if I left out anyone, I apologize.

Best regards,
Cook

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Mr. Cook:
Is it possible for some of us post-classroom folks to buy a copy of your play "Titanic; Tragedy and Trial"? How much does it cost in Texas Dollars? Is it available from Amazon.tex?
Seriously, I'd love to add it to my collection (as long as you autograph it with your "X" on the inside).

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Hey Mike,

What's this 'Mr. Cook' stuff? You're older than I am. Actually, that play is published by Eldridge Publishing, which is not carried by Amazon. I'll email you with the details.

Best regards,
Cook

S

Susan Markowitz

Speak of the... no, definitely not the devil; rather, my brother-in-spirit -- Cookie!!! I'd just finished writing a note to Kara, suggesting that your Titanic plays would be perfect for her class to perform, when your post, above, appeared.

Believe him, Mike; he has much that's Edwardian about him; in those days, he'd have been referred to as "Cook", which he prefers. Of course, we also call him "Cookie" and "Cookster", which do suit him, too. :) He bears a resemblance to Captain Smith: picture VERY tall, with the appropriate, full beard, and lots of charm (I gather the passengers loved being around EJ, too). We had great fun with Cook on the deck of the Ellis Island Ferry, as he obliged us with a "captainly performance".

His plays, Titanic and otherwise, are marvelous; do obtain copies if you can, Mike. And that goes for everyone else out there, too. If anyone is looking for a great holiday play, Cook's "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus" is super; it's closer to the true story than the well-known version.

Regards to all -- Susan, Countess M. :)

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
So do I make the check out to Susan Markowitz or will Countess M do?

Adoringly,
Cookie

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Mr. Cook, Sir:
Thank you for your generous offer offline. My firstborn should arrive "Express Mail" in a few days. Looking forward to reading the first act, and working out arrangements for the rest of the play.
Warm and Fuzzy Regards,
Dlobreh

C

Cátia Lamy

Mr Cook,
Thak you a lot for clearing my doubts and for giving me so much names. Now, I 'm not sure If I should and if I can do this but I believe that every writer is willing to sell their books so I'll ask everyone who wants to sell their books to me to please email me or just post a message here. Getting books in Portugal is so much difficult!! I aware you that the answer will probably take a while to come but it will. I'd like to aware you too that I don't work so I can't spend VERY much on books or anything by the way, so I'll hope your books aren't much expensive!

Thanks again for your attention!
Best wishes for those who wrote, who are writting or that don't write books!
Cátia Lamy

Oct 28, 2000
Food for thought for writers--

Librarians say there are three names in a title that make for almost automatic circulation. They are:

Abraham Lincoln
Marilyn Monroe
Titanic

Obviously, a best-seller is in the works for anyone who can write the book, "The Night Lincoln Spent on Titanic With Marilyn." Don't worry about content. It's the title that sells.

-- David G. Brown

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
This reminds me of the old joke current at the turn of last century which suggested that the inclusion of any of the below made for a successful book:

Abraham Lincoln
A Dog
A Doctor

So it was suggested that 'Lincoln's Doctor's Dog' would make a popular work. Times are certainly changing, and the poor old worthy dog and doc have long since gone by the wayside.

Ing

C

Cátia Lamy

LOLOLOL!!

Thanks a lot for your funny humor guys!!

Mr. Cook I'll send you an email in some minutes, I'm really sorry for taking so long!

Kisses,
Cátia Lamy

P

Pam Briggs

I second that Kritina, you are writing about two of my most favorite passions, time travel and the TITANIC. Let me know the title and where to order it when you are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.