Any Titanic buffs from North-West England?

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Hello there, I'm from Darwen, near Blackburn, and I was wondering whether there was actually anyone within a million mile radius of me that has an interest in Titanic.
I'd love to chat and make friends with someone local for a change. No offence southerners/foreigners.

Senan Molony

Jun 28, 1998
Dublin
Ye'r lonely, is it?

99685.jpg

Here, son.

Have a dead puppy.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Tanks a lot, der, Mr. Molony.
Me dag's been searchin' a lang toyme farra play-chum.

Excuse the Terrible Irish accent... Professional help is being sought.

As it happens, I'm looking ror some jolly Irish humour for my novel... The Irish in my veins is weak and is kept alive only by an occasional dose of warm Guinness.
Could you assist a wee bit? Thanks.

Senan Molony

Jun 28, 1998
Dublin
No, but you should walk into the South Pole thread and stop gazumping us old fogartys in this cheeky youngsterish manner.

We need strong and impressionable self-starters like yourself. We can promise you only blood, toil, sweat and tears in the Antarctic, followed by a later life of recriminations and ruinous dependence on strong drink.

I think it'll suit you, son. Plus there will be !girls! going.

Sign here.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Anybody have anything planned for next Saturday/Sunday?
If not, does anybody fancy accompanying me to Colne so's I can put some flowers and the picture I painted this morning by Wallace Hartley's grave?
There's a nice pub nearby that does a lovely pint of stout, and I was thinking of perhaps going to Liverpool afterwards.

Any takers, or am I on my Jack Jones?

Jun 11, 2000
Well, I'll be making a northern journey to see relatives in those areas sometime in the Spring. Though I wouldn't call it 'planning', exactly. I can't possibly keep you in check, as I'm far too feckless to undertake such a task, age notwithstanding. And you know I'd only grill you on unfinished paintings / novel etc.

Not too good an offer really, I guess ....

May 2, 2006
London
The furthest north I go is a good ole place called Leicestershire... but I'm owing a trip to Chester sometime soon.

How close is that to you? (My geographic skills are awful)

You going to the Southampton convention? Also, do you fancy going to Godalming (Surrey) to do Jack Phillips-y stuff? Or is that too far south for you? That's the best I can offer lol, but there's a good pub there dedicated to him...

That's an open invite, by the way - I'd be glad for any company
happy.gif
and I still need to sort out a date.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
So long as the grilling comes with ale and some manner of flame-cooked meat product, grill away Monica.

And there's nowt I'd like to do more than to go to a pub dedicated to Jack Phillips, but I'm quite strapped for cash having been out of work these past few months. Which is why someone should buy a painting.

Anywho, I'll keep you both in the know as to what I'll be doing around the time. Beer will be involved, though.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Still haven't finished any Carla - you know I'm the world's greatest procrastinator.
Open invitation there, Mon.
Seriously, though - you want a painting? They come in a hand-built wooden frame that I can't afford to have glazed. Pick one and I'kll give it my undivided attention for the coming week. Or until Hughie gets jealous and cocks his leg against my easel.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Ryan, anybody who can correctly spell 'procrastinator' surely has a future as a writer. Why aren't you using this talent? If nowt else, you should at least be posting more on ET. You'll note that we don't hear much from Molony these days either. I'm not sure why this is so. Some say he's busily engaged in writing the great Irish novel, others that he has been, like yourself, branching out into fine art.

135604.jpg